boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Brilliant work Chris,
This isn’t just modelling, it’s mini boat building!
Fascinating stuff....good luck with all the electrical bits an bobs....looks complicated :surprised:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cracking Chris, hope you do not read the wiring diagram upside down lol

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Brilliant work Chris,
This isn’t just modelling, it’s mini boat building!
Fascinating stuff....good luck with all the electrical bits an bobs....looks complicated :surprised:
Cheers Si glad you like the build an its doin what I want an that's keepin me busy
an thanks for the good wishes :thumb2:
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Cracking Chris, hope you do not read the wiring diagram upside down lol
HI Bob there is no wirein diagram as its all in me head so the only way i can do that is stand on me head LOL :smiling: an ive treid before to do a wirein diagram for these ships but it gets so complicated even i cant understand it but when i do the wirein it just flows from my head to the finished product if that makes any sence :smiling2:
chris

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hello all time for an update
I have been workin on the stabilizers an that's cutting the rudders down to make them into stab's an here one fitted with 1/32nd ply to the correct shapeIMG_4743.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
better shot of the stab's angles an all the stab's have now all to be removed an filled up with resin an then sandin sealed an then they will all be sanded down to take off any rough edges before being fitted back into the hulls IMG_4752.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN for a change from the stab's but I will get back to them I thought id do some metal work an here im tryin to remember how to make up the A -FRAMES that hold the props in place an they are made from 6mm brass tube that the prop shaft will slide through an brass box section 6mm by 3mm an they will be wrapped around the tube an soldered to hold securely IMG_4756.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
And now the real fun stuff starts.
HI Ian yes youre right now its gonna get complicated fittin in all the prop sharf 's A FRAMES into the hull an they all have to be fitted within 1mm of leeway that's what im allowin myself if for any reason they turn out more i will have to operate on her an do a surgical cuttin sesseion an remove the sharft an refit it again.But if i remeber rightly i will have to make up two dummy mounting with holes drilled in to take the sharfts an hold them in the correct postion when im fitting the sharfts
(PHEW im pooped again :smiling:)
chris

• Wow
Reactions: JR

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Just got to admire the sheer skills and hard work Chris. Superb:thumb2::thumb2: