boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
They dont look to steep but if you are pushed for room you could maybe try a flex coupling by the motors... I see that you have UJ or CV joints at the motor spindle but you could add another a few inches down the shafts to help flatten them. Just an idea.
If they match the plan why worry. ;)
HI Ian thanks for your comments an yes they match the plans within a few degrees so as you say why worry an im not its goin togeather how it is as its taken a lot of workin out to get it how it is. It would have been better if I had a cambelt drives but I cant get them now as they were made by a company called MFA an they don't make them any more so gotta use what I can get
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Chris ,
I am in total AWE of what you are attempting- never mind achieving!
HI Neil many thanks for your kind comments an I am glad you like the build an I am in AWE of it also as this ship is the hardest I have ever tried to build it makes my USS Nimitz big aircraft carrier build seem easy as its all the curves on this hull TBH ive never seen such a weird shaped hull as this but I will get it done even if it takes me yyyyyrrrrrsss LOL an thanks for stopping by an your intrest
Chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI all just thought id post this pic as I forgot I had it in my pc of tigers sister HMS BLAKE C99 an hopefully my tiger should come out lookin nearly as good but not in the bright colours but it tell you a lot about the ship which is quite intresting an I think it looks quite a hansom ship. pic for discussion pupose only
chrisTiger-class.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL another small update on her
ive been tryin to fit an glass in all four prop sharfts on her an its been a devil of a job to get right but thankfully ive managed it the prop sharfts splay outward by 2mm each side as had to do this so the motors would fit in the hull an it was a close run thing any les an they would not have fitted in the hull an 1st pic took me ages to mask all the joints up
IMG_4795.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN here in this pic im still getting it ready for glassin as I had to fit in plasticine dams to keep the liguid resin in place an even with all the maskin tape on the outside an plasticne dams the dam stuff still found a way to get out but thankfully I caught it before it went off hard an wiped it away IMG_4796.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well for me that's the worst an most worrying thing over on the model as anything could have gone wrong but thanks to forward planning on how this was gonna happen it has all worked out ok in a day or so when the resin has really hardened then I will give the motors a run an to free up the grease in the prop tubes IMG_4802.JPG

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Looks like a huge work to me Christopher :astonished:
Glad to see you got the job done :thumb2:
Cheers, Steven

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Looks like a huge work to me Christopher :astonished:
Glad to see you got the job done :thumb2:
Cheers, Steven

HI Steven yes I nearly gave up as it was very difficult to get all the props tubes in their correct postion but I thought its not gonna beat me cheers for your comment an intrest
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An a couple of shots inside the hull at the motors layout after fillin an sandin down outer hull prop tubes then it will be the next stage of electric's an then the fun stuff really begins then what I enjoy the most :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: IMG_4805.JPGIMG_4805.JPG

D

Deleted member 7237

Just remarkable the amount of detail and work you've put into this build.
Pete.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just remarkable the amount of detail and work you've put into this build.
Pete.
HI Pete yes cheers for your nice comment an there's a heck of a lot more work to be done but im enjoyin it an its passin these ole winter days an we hope you feel better
all best chris