boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Chris
Tiger’s taking shape nicely. Quality work as ever and it’s interesting to see this progress.
Great stuff
Paul

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
Tiger’s taking shape nicely. Quality work as ever and it’s interesting to see this progress.
Great stuff
Paul
An thanks Paul yes its gonna get intresting soon as im about to start on the S/S an the eletrics as tomorrow i will be fittin in the HULL / JOINT the 44 pins electric plug.Im usein such a big plug as when on my NORFOLK build I found I came up short on some wires with only a 25 pins an had to reroute the wires so this time im not takein any chance as I really don't know how many wires i'll need so more the merrier but I think 44pins will be enough (I hope )
:thumb2: :cool:
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hope you have a fire extinguisher ready lol

Only joking:thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL
another small update on her an I have finished fittin all the deck edgeins on the front section also an have cut out all deck access hatches so I can get to any part of the ship if say a leak or damage to the hull when sailin herIMG_4861.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an in this pic ive cut out the holes for the plugs to fit into the hull joint top hole will be for the 44 pin electric plug an the square hole for the main power plug IMG_4854.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Cheers Steven it seem like ive been workin on this bloomin hull forever but I think the hull is now about 80% finished but im stopping work on the hull till warmer wheather an now doin some eletrics for a change cheers for your intrest in the build
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Nxt pic is the main eletrics plug to fit in the hull joint with wires all soldered on an built in ready for placement in H/J IMG_4850.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Now in the above pics the plugs were not glued but when I did glue them disaster struck somehow murphys law was present :sad:an the male mains ele plug went off centre by half a mm an the plugs would not meet up so no hull joining so had to sit down an have a think what I was gonna do to put it right bein glueded in they was like rock settin so after a ponder I drilled the male right out an reset it an thank goodness it all worked out ok IMG_4857.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
nxt the 44 pin electric plugs an these will carry all the low power eletrics eg. for servos an lights an other gadgets that I have not thought of yet until I look through the electronics components book an if my maths are correct there will be 88 wires to solder to the plugs boy I think I need a new soldering iron lolIMG_4851.JPG