boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I reckon you’ve enough wire there to light an entire fleet! ;)
Cheers Paul

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Yet more wires Chris, will it float with all that copper :tongue-out3:

Fantastic work and cannot wait for its maiden voyage:thumb2:
HI Bob yea she'll float in fact how wide the hull is I think im gonna have a job tryin to get her to sink to the W/L an maiden voyage can you come back in about 3yrs Bob LOL
CHRIS

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I reckon you’ve enough wire there to light an entire fleet! ;)
Cheers Paul
YEA Paul im on hand in case them new R/N carrier's need any wirein an plugs LOL an I made a mistake when ordering an bought to many but they will get used up as im thinkin of fittin some in my Norfolk an getting rid of the big cable connecters in her
chris

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sturdy structure work Chris, she's looking good .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Sturdy structure work Chris, she's looking good .
HI John yea when I build I like to build my models strong but as light as possible as they have got to stand up to the rigors of bein carted about in the car an all these bloomin road humps can cause damage to the model but so far ive been lucky an no damage an the model has to sustain any knocks or bangs when some other model hits her on the pond when sailing as it happens quite often if their is a skipper who cant handle his model very well. As when I was sailin my big USS NIMITZ aircraft carrier i ran over up to 5 yacht's an rammed one submarine in her time on the pond as the persons kept tryin to sail nr her to get in people photo's an I kept tellin them I cant stop Nimitz on a sixpence as she weight's to much it took nr 20ft to stop her so anyone in the way well
chris ps an thank you john for stopping an havin a look at the build cheers

Last edited:
  • Haha

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'd loved to have seen that Chris, a trail of sunken yachts :smiling5::smiling5::smiling5:.
Serves them right if they can't sail within the rules .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I'd loved to have seen that Chris, a trail of sunken yachts :smiling5::smiling5::smiling5:.
Serves them right if they can't sail within the rules .
Yes it did John on Norwich pond they even put a floatable rope across the pond to keep yachts an other smaller vessel's apart but people don't think they just shove their models in the water an they are off sometimes to the bottom as the case with the sub.they were all told to stay in their own area's but some bloke sailed his sub under the the rope to try an get a line up for a imaginenary torpedo shot at my carrier an I dint know he was in my bit an I rammed him an put a fair sized dent in his pressuer hull an he was not pleased but I told him he should not have been where he was an ive got a picture of his sub in the water from above as the club has a balconly an a friend was up there takin photos of my carrier from above an the sub can be seen if it was the same one that is what a day but great fun
chris

• Love

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I once did some work on a 1:1 supertanker. They told me that fully loaded and at top speed it would take 7 miles to stop. In an emergency they could stop in 'only' 4 miles, but that wasn't good for the engines. They'd run down quite a few sailboats, who thought that "power gives way to sail" would save them from the laws of physics.
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I once did some work on a 1:1 supertanker. They told me that fully loaded and at top speed it would take 7 miles to stop. In an emergency they could stop in 'only' 4 miles, but that wasn't good for the engines. They'd run down quite a few sailboats, who thought that "power gives way to sail" would save them from the laws of physics.
Pete

HI Pete yea that would be about right 7 miles at 1:1 scale to stop then at my carriers scale it was about 20ft so about right but people think oh its a toy boat
but they don't realise the same laws of physics apply UNTILL the carriers running their model over I had this happen at Norwich pond an Sheringham pond where their was a lot of holliday makers sailin small yachts an I said I was sorry but what can you do an that's not a lot id try to avoid them but a big model takes some turning as that's why I fitted on 4 rudders on Nimitz an I also fitted a bow thruster to help with the turning an for more turning power as I knew this would happen that's why I have fitted a bow thruster to my tiger as I bet she will chalk up some yachts or two
chris
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Perhaps you should paint little yacht symbols on the side for every combat victory Chris. :smiling5:
Pete
YEA Pete that would be good idea LOL but I think it would be frowned apon by the yachties an the subies but they cant ban me as they are both public ponds
just wait until tiger gets up there utter carnage there will be lol no not really I do try an miss them if poss
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL

Yes it did John on Norwich pond they even put a floatable rope across the pond to keep yachts an other smaller vessel's apart but people don't think they just shove their models in the water an they are off sometimes to the bottom as the case with the sub.they were all told to stay in their own area's but some bloke sailed his sub under the the rope to try an get a line up for a imaginenary torpedo shot at my carrier an I dint know he was in my bit an I rammed him an put a fair sized dent in his pressuer hull an he was not pleased but I told him he should not have been where he was an ive got a picture of his sub in the water from above as the club has a balconly an a friend was up there takin photos of my carrier from above an the sub can be seen if it was the same one that is what a day but great fun
chris
not a very good pic but this is the pic of a sub tryin to line up for a torpedo shot at my nimizt if you look dead to the left an down abit IMG_4916.JPG lol an a few seconds later I think he shot across my bows an that's when I rammed him as I dint know he was there from the post above

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an here ive built an used up two of them electric plugs I bought to feed electric into the gun turret S/S an its just layin there on the S/S as im thinkin how an where to fit them as they have got to be fitted one in the hull an one in the S/S BUT FIXED SO THAT THE S/S CAN BE LIFTED OFF AN THEN SLIPPED BACK ON WITH OUT ANY HASSLE IMG_4919.JPG