boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN I want all the wirein fitted on the modular connectors like on the back of my Nimitz bridges so the bottom bridge fits on the S/S first then the top bridge connects down onto the first bridge if that makes sence lol
chriscarrier build167.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I'm sure you will crack it mate.
THANKS Ken an Bob for the encouragement yes i'll do it but its got to be right an work an still come apart for serversin the lights an such or an lose figures in the bridges so on with the thinkin cap (duh) lol
chris

D

Deleted member 3568

That's the thing with scratch building no ones done ot before so you have to work it all out yourself. On to your next challenge mate

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That's the thing with scratch building no ones done ot before so you have to work it all out yourself. On to your next challenge mate
KEN yes this is my nxt challenge an im lookin forward to it i'll just sit in my comfy chair in my model room an just stare at the bridge plans eg. side view an top view an front view an then sleep on it as most of my ideas come from dreamin them up normally when I wake up in the morn its eureaka ive got It I cry in bed an my missus says well I hope it aint catchin lol
chris

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Wow Chris! You’ve certainly made a lot of progress. HMS Tiger is really beginning to take shape. The ship really is starting to emerge from all that wood, fibreglass and epic wiring! Love the thought you’ve put into the usability of the finished model with the removable modules.

Truly stunning work
Cheers
Paul

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I would think the connectors would align & tension would be tight enough to hold the modules together? Great work BTW. PaulE

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Wow Chris! You’ve certainly made a lot of progress. HMS Tiger is really beginning to take shape. The ship really is starting to emerge from all that wood, fibreglass and epic wiring! Love the thought you’ve put into the usability of the finished model with the removable modules.

Truly stunning work
Cheers
Paul
HI Paul yes she comin into shape an ive made progress on her as if poss im workin on her every day at least 2 hrs worth of work an tryin to make all these modules as you call them removeable ( very good name ) makes it harder to make them removeable than just gluein them but that all the challenges to me an I love doin this kind of work ive had people ask me to build models for them but I wont do it as it would then be like work but I do this for enjoyment so no way thanks for lookin in
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I would think the connectors would align & tension would be tight enough to hold the modules together? Great work BTW. PaulE
HI PaulE the connectors would align & tension all being well but wheather they will be strong enough to hold the modules togeather is another thing as rememeber out on the pond the winds can be quite strong an tiger S/S is quite big an flat so a wind trap so i'll have to make them fit really tightly an see how it goes thanks for your intrest
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS another small up date but this time on the electronic ive been workin on these electric plugs for days tryin to make some sence of how many wires in what deck level i'll need an where an well this is the result but its still hit an miss as I may have to alter the wirein but for now this will have to do
these plugs are just all power uptakes for just the bridge area with 01 deck an 02 deckIMG_4980.JPG