boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an last pic for now in this pic ive cut out a W/T door so that I can pass all the wirein from inside the main S/S to test all 25 wires with a circuit tester to see if all will pass the electric current ok an they do okIMG_4984.JPG

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Chris
Just had a catch up. Amazing planning and work. I wouldn't know where to start and to be honest I don't understand how all this electronic stuff works.
Doesn't stop me from being very impressed.
Jim

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
That's a lot of wiring and connections Chris!
I see you manage it well :thumb2: .
All very impressive!
Steven

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
Just had a catch up. Amazing planning and work. I wouldn't know where to start and to be honest I don't understand how all this electronic stuff works.
Doesn't stop me from being very impressed.
Jim
THANKS Jim im feeling my way as I build this S/S as it may have to be altered again but will see further in the build but at least the power wires are there so that's something as it would be very difficult to fit all these if I went ahead an just built every thing
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That's a lot of wiring and connections Chris!
I see you manage it well :thumb2: .
All very impressive!
Steven
THANKS Steven but theres a lot more got to be fitted yet this is the tip of the iceberg an thank you for your kind comments
chris

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Chris

This is a fascinating build. I think a large aspect of the creative hobbies is the time spent in bed, in the shower, or going to the shops when we think through all the technical aspects of how are we going to do this or that. What has to be born in mind for the next step in the process and how will the subsequent steps be affected. It looks like this project is providing you with countless little challenges that you are skillfully working your way through.

Bravo
John

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris

This is a fascinating build. I think a large aspect of the creative hobbies is the time spent in bed, in the shower, or going to the shops when we think through all the technical aspects of how are we going to do this or that. What has to be born in mind for the next step in the process and how will the subsequent steps be affected. It looks like this project is providing you with countless little challenges that you are skillfully working your way through.

Bravo
John
HI John thank you for stopping an havin a look at what in tryin to build here an yes its givein me countless little challenges all right an im really enjoyin every minute of it as I relish the challenges I have just spent all day since 9am to about 5pm tryin to fit in them modular connecters plugs on 02 deck an boy was it awkward the bleedin little pins would not just line up an insert themselves when I treid to fit 02 deck back onto 01 deck but with a little bit of patience I got there an they now mate up how they should have done hrs ago but I may have a rethink on them later an cut them off an fit two 25 pin D connectors plugs which may be eastier to fit an thank you for your nice comments cheers
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just quality. Way beyond my skill level but I am learning much.
HELLO Andrew im glad you likin the quality build an learning something off me that alone makes it all worth while I sometimes think im tryin to be to ambitious but its what I do make these big warships as I love all the challenges to make it all work as its nice to see when I have the finished model up the pond an the general public love seein the model sail an work an answering their question's on the model an also putting the model into shows as my Nimitz won some trophys an thank you also for lookin in at the build hope to see you again sometime all best chris

Last edited:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hey Chris
Awesome work on the electrics. It all looks very complicated, and I’m sure I don’t know where all those wires are leading, or what they will do in the finished model, but I’m glad you do! Fascinating seeing this ship being brought to life.
Top stuff
Paul

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hey Chris
Awesome work on the electrics. It all looks very complicated, and I’m sure I don’t know where all those wires are leading or what they will do in the finished model but I’m glad you do! Fascinating seeing this ship being brought to life.
Top stuff
Paul
HI Paul nice to hear from you an glad you stopped to have a look at whats happenin on her yes there are loads of wires an yes I have a fair idea of what they will work but its getting the sound units an other things that's buggin me as they don't seem to make the units now how they used to so may have to make it so that i'll have to share some of the units from MY NORFOLK I'll make it so the units can be changed from ship to ship as I cant sail them both at the same time but i'll have the units in for use in either ship when I want to sail an cheers for your kind comments an have you gotten your bits for your panzer yet ? as im lookin forward to seein that bein worked on
all best chris

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
HI Paul nice to hear from you an glad you stopped to have a look at whats happenin on her yes there are loads of wires an yes I have a fair idea of what they will work but its getting the sound units an other things that's buggin me as they don't seem to make the units now how they used to so may have to make it so that i'll have to share some of the units from MY NORFOLK I'll make it so the units can be changed from ship to ship as I cant sail them both at the same time but i'll have the units in for use in either ship when I want to sail an cheers for your kind comments an have you gotten your bits for your panzer yet ? as im lookin forward to seein that bein worked on
all best chris
It’s a shame that the sound units are no longer available, sharing the one unit between the 2 models doesn’t seem ideal but I’m sure it will work out fine.
Good news: The heavy duty gearboxes arrived today so I will be updating the thread in a day or so. They look awesome - really industrial engineering!
Cheers
Paul

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I've found the shells of the "D" connectors mate very easily, have excellent tension & usually have screws to assure connection security. I thought you needed to save weight so went modular. PaulE

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Lots and lots of wires, I'd get lost. Cracking work Chris.
HI Ian yes there lots of wires alright an I wont get lost on them as they are numbered but im tryin to be a bit ahead of myself here as on my NORFOLK I dint have enough wires so had to fit another small plug system to cover as even I still don't know what they will all power but thanks for lookin in
chris