boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Looking good Chris, love the attention to detail, do not forget the other half:tongue-out3:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Yes don't worry Bob jen taken care of ? oh you mean the other half of the ship lol ;) :smiling: yea I will when I get that far but for now still on that bridge s/s an thanks for droppin in Bob NICE TO SEE YOU
CHRIS

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
NEXT pics drawin in the bloomin bridge windows as that's what ive been doin all day an it was a s*d to get right so they all match in size an straightness ive drawin them in an rubbed them out six times before I got it right IMG_5059.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
port side angle view an now tomorrow will be a nerve rackin day as it will be now time to drill out an file out the windows to all the same size to the plans
chrisIMG_5060.JPG

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Do you "chain drill" the windows or just the corners then saw them out?
Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Do you "chain drill" the windows or just the corners then saw them out?
Rick H.

HI Rick yea I will chain drill the windows out with my mini Dremel drill then usein small needle files file them down to the lines but must make sure I don't over file over the lines then as I 'll be right in it as it will be a job then tryin to get them all to match to the plans cheers for your intrest in the build
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Looking good Chris :thumb2:
Goodluck with the windows :astonished:...
Steven

An hi Steven thanks for the good wishes on doin them windows as im gonna need plenty of luck to get these windows right as one sharp slip of the file an its gone pear shaped so I must be very carefull doin this but im in no hurry so if I do a few windows a day I get there in the end all I ive got to hope I don't get the shakes as getting old all best
chris

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That superstructure is ceratinly shaping up now. The bridge windows look as though they may need support as the frames are quite thin once the windows are cut out. It certainly does look quite a task to plan, draw and build all those windows, angles and facades - bravo on the job so far!

Cheers
Paul

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That superstructure is ceratinly shaping up now. The bridge windows look as though they may need support as the frames are quite thin once the windows are cut out. It certainly does look quite a task to plan, draw and build all those windows, angles and facades - bravo on the job so far!

Cheers
Paul
HI Paul well ive got some more pics to post of that bridge an no Paul The bridge windows look as though they may need support as the frames are quite thin once the windows are cut out. well they turned out ok no supports needed
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
UPDATE on the cutting out of the bridge windows an it all went fine its just patience an more patience an I dint get the shakes once so im a happy bunny 1st pic now starting to cut out them window by chain drillin an it looks quite rough but it will get better as I progressIMG_5061.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN some views of them all done thank goodness it all worked out ok as one slip of the drill or file an it would have been very awkward to put right an the glazein in the windows will be fitted in after the bridges have been sprayed in their top coat paint in the near futureIMG_5064.JPG