boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
the patient back togeather an FAILURE there must be something in the pcb board that makes it only work one way as it wont accept the signal power so i stripped it all down an done some tests an no JOY.

so again i thought well i dont want to lose a good servo so i stripped it all out again an the soldered the wires on the motor back how they were originaly then put it all back together an hey presto it all work again ok SO THAT A LESSON LEARNED .
but i enjoyed tryin as i cannot see why it wont work but as i said it must be something in the PCB BOARD OH WELL WE LIVE AN LEARN NORMALY THE HARD WAY BUT THAT LIFE BUT IM NOT USED TO FAILURE SO I WILL THINK UP ANOTHER WAY

now the only way i can think to get the hanger door to work on that side with any servo is to make up a gearbox to fit to the servo fitted with its own gear an then mesh them togeather an by rights when the servo turns the wrong way the gear fitted to it WITH A PULLING ARM will pull in the oppiste way so it will work the H-door ok but it will be a bit more complex but first i'll have to do some scetches to see what im happy with DUH :rolling: :loudly-crying::smiling:
IMG_5270.JPG

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN my servo morph turned up by postie this morn an my collars for the radar shaft so im still a happy bunny a bit disappointed that the servo dint work but now I know I will not attempt that again so onwards an upwards as they say an keep tryin till I get it right IMG_5272.JPG

Reactions: JR

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very interesting to follow your exploits. BTW suppose you just mount the servo upside down?

John

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Very interesting to follow your exploits. BTW suppose you just mount the servo upside down?

John
HELLO John I treid all that before my recent exploits. an no go but many thanks for your thoughts on this suject but i'll get there its just mind over matter (i'll proberly gone bonkers by then lol ) an nice to see you takin an intrest in the build but it will get done by hook or crook as the sayin goes
ATB STAY SAFE chris

First Name
Gregg
Could you not put a crank/pivot along on the Hanger wall, connecting the snake to the door connection lever to reverse the push/pull motion.
Alternatively if you want to keep the HB clear, put a 90 degree link where the servo is.
Just a suggestion.
Hanger  Door 2.JPG

Hanger Door..JPG half way

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Could you not put a crank/pivot along on the Hanger wall, connecting the snake to the door connection lever to reverse the push/pull motion.
Alternatively if you want to keep the HB clear, put a 90 degree link where the servo is.
Just a suggestion.
View attachment 387357

View attachment 387354 half way
HI Gregg many thanks for your suggestins an givin it some thought very nice of you. But Ive already worked out how its gonna work an it will as ive already fitted in the fittins for it to work but I cant carry on with it yet as its a case with the radar motor fittin havin a knock on effect I cant do the H-DOOR until ive fitted in the radar motor an sharft which has got to be removeable.

Then ive got to fit in a false back hanger wall so that all the workins will not be seen then when done that then I can get back to the H- DOOR but CHEERS all the same thank you for takein an intrest in the build as when you guys come UP with something like you have it maybe just the idea that im lookin for
AGAIN CHEERS Chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL UPDATE time
well i'll start off with a pic of that radar shaft goin through the front wall as its got to be there as the main mast shaft is centrall to the front H-wall IMG_5273.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
now here ive cut down the R- SHAFT an fitted it with a brass box section as the main mast shaft will have a smaller box section fitted to it so that it can just drop in it to turn the radars but will be detachable in I need it to IMG_5276.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
so that's the radar took care of till I build it in an now back too that other H-DOOR
an ive got it workin but the servo must face the same way as the first one so to do this I have moved the H-DOOR mounting to the other side of the h-door an also the servo to the nr the center of the h-bay but then I thought I need a roof bar goin across the h-length to fix the pushrod too an when I open the h-door I don't want it to be seen an the cable ties will be cut off if it all works ok an ive fitted in a false back so that all the wiring wont be seen IMG_5285.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an the door works great I really did make myself more work when I went an stripped that servo down just to have to put it all back togeather again IMG_5287.JPG