boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an I can get 3 choppers in but a bit to crowed so I think it will be two in the h-bay an two out on the fightdeck one goin an one standin the in the all fowled up postion IMG_5289.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an a pic of both servos fitted on the underside just waiting to go an ive ordered a Y LEAD to work both servos an hopefully form the servo morph so they will open an close slowley IMG_5293.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an now back to covering in that radar motorgearbox that's a tad noisey an ive glued in postion polysteren to hopefully cut down the noise from the motor an ive tomorrow got to build a box again covered in the polysteren over the motor itself IMG_5294.JPG

First Name
Gregg
so that's the radar took care of till I build it in an now back too that other H-DOOR
an ive got it workin but the servo must face the same way as the first one so to do this I have moved the H-DOOR mounting to the other side of the h-door an also the servo to the nr the center of the h-bay but then I thought I need a roof bar goin across the h-length to fix the pushrod too an when I open the h-door I don't want it to be seen an the cable ties will be cut off if it all works ok an ive fitted in a false back so that all the wiring wont be seen View attachment 387833
an a pic of both servos fitted on the underside just waiting to go an ive ordered a Y LEAD to work both servos an hopefully form the servo morph so they will open an close slowley View attachment 387843
Some times the easy solution is difficult to see at first.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Some times the easy solution is difficult to see at first.
HI Gregg yes you are right there but what kept buggin me was now I want the snake fitted to the hanger wall so its nice an neat an wont hardly be seen when all the hanger insides are painted white.
But after a bit of thought I thought well i'll postion the servo the same way as the first one an move the servo horn attachment on the H- door to the other side so the snake can run down the centre of the H-bay but what am I gonna fix it to to stop it bendin so a wooden beam fitted in to support the snake an it will also support the H-roof deck so killed two birds with one stone there an the door works ok but later there will be a bit of finer
adjustments to the doors as nearly every thing ive built so far that works will be finer tuned to say its finished with

anyway Gregg many thanks for your thoughts on this door workin subject an your nice little drawins an keep them comin if you please as what you think up I may not have even considerd at the time cheers
ATB STAY SAFE chris

mrtintheweb

mrtinthweb
First Name
Toby
Interesting build indeed. My uncle was involved in the refit of her sister ship HMS Blake and it caught fire whilst being converted to carry helicopters.
I will see if he still has all the photos he took of the ship.
T

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Interesting build indeed. My uncle was involved in the refit of her sister ship HMS Blake and it caught fire whilst being converted to carry helicopters.
I will see if he still has all the photos he took of the ship.
T
OH GREAT Toby id be very pleased to see them as she is a sister ship to tiger as they might help me on tiger as they were an practiacly the same many thanks if you can
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL another small update
well im been bugged by the noisey radar motor fittin it on rubber mountins an such an some of the guys said fittin polystyrene around the motor may make it quieter an yes its helped a bit so that's what ive been doin an ive also had to fit in a hatch so that if trouble with the R-MOTOR I can open it to get to the scrub screw that holds the main R - shaft an release it so the motor can be removed IMG_5297.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An its open it looks like the oven door lol but later on i'll fit some fittin on it to mask it a bit better IMG_5299.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
here ive made up a sound proof box to cover the motor but not to tightly as I don't want the motor to overheat an catch fire so a good space around the motorIMG_5300.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Next I been playin an tryin to work out how the servo morph is all set up as there are two pages of instruckions an in this close up shot can be seen two white screw dials at the top of the unit an they control how far the servo will travase to left to right through a 180 degress an the bottom white screw dail is to control how fast or slow I want the servos to travel IMG_5303.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an its been fun doin this with a spare servo rigged up to the R/C AN I LIKE THIS UNIT as it works great on both servos to open an shut the hangar doors slowy so it looks more realistic an I will be buyin another to train the gun turrets brilliant little gadget IMG_5304.JPG