boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an first thing now its been srayed grey is to fit in the light green window glazein an its that colour to break down the suns glare off the sea so it dont dazzel the crew members an also at the back ive fitted a two pin eletric plug to give power to the 2MM led's ive fitted inside IMG_6127.JPG f

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice progress Chris........a Fabric shop is a good source for mesh material........they use it for bridal veils all the time. I bought some a while back (its very cheap) to use as camo netting in 1-87 scale. Rick H.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
I often look in and I’m always impressed in what yourup to Chris :thumb2:
That radar is fantastic by the way:smiling4:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Nice progress Chris........a Fabric shop is a good source for mesh material........they use it for bridal veils all the time. I bought some a while back (its very cheap) to use as camo netting in 1-87 scale. Rick H.
HELLO Rick thanks for that but i only need a small bit to cover that small radar about an inch sqaure an jens stockin will do that with loads to spare an i dont think i will need any for the flight deck mesh as ive got them in P/E BIG LONG ONES got them all given to me by a freind
chris

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work yet again Chris.

ATB.

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I often look in and I’m always impressed in what yourup to Chris :thumb2:
That radar is fantastic by the way:smiling4:
an hello Si nice to hear from you like it was with Tim an Rick an very glad you like what im up too as there are now gettin a lot of bits to this build just as well i have the plans so i know where they all will fit an boy will i be glad when i can fit them all togeather ( phew )
all best
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Another great update Chris, that radar is something else. Well done.
Has Jen realised you've nicked a stocking yet ! It will be worse than any jab when she finds out !!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's why I suggested the Fabric Shop..........if she didn't approve your knicking her stocking, you might not be around to see this project completed......Hell hath no fury......etc. :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2::tongue-out: Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Another great update Chris, that radar is something else. Well done.
Has Jen realised you've nicked a stocking yet ! It will be worse than any jab when she finds out !!
HI John yes she found out yesterday lol that there is a slight hole in the stockin an she said why dint you ask me an id have given you a cheap stockin but youve only gone an cut a hole in my exspensive pretty polly stockings OH DEAR an thankfully i only got a good hard look an by her exspreshion said it all but no more was said as i had my jab yeterday an i felt poorly my exscuse but i said i'll buy her two more packs to make up for it an when the restickions lift ive got to take her out for a meal SO all in all i think i got off lightly lol an yes John thank you for your nice comments on that radar im now fairly pleased with that big radar an the small height finder radar as i had them turning an it looks fairly good so im pleased
ATB
Chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That's why I suggested the Fabric Shop..........if she didn't approve your knicking her stocking, you might not be around to see this project completed......Hell hath no fury......etc. :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2::tongue-out: Rick H.
WELL Rick your suggestion came a bit late as id already done the deed but thank you all the same an she knows i'll buy her two packs of pretty polly stockings if they still sell them in black an she's gonna get takein out to dinner so im not nailed to the wall lol
the stockin snatcher