boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Chris

Just had a catch-up. That is coming on very nicely indeed. The crane is a major piece of PE work and is looking very good indeed.

ATB.

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris

Just had a catch-up. That is coming on very nicely indeed. The crane is a major piece of PE work and is looking very good indeed.

ATB.

Andrew
AN HI Andrew yea things are getting built an that crane an Rick came up with a very good question will the crane work an :thinking: id love to get the crane to work after thinking through Ricks idea as at the time of building this jib i had thoughts of it bein static but now the more i think on it the more id love to have it working as the jib is quite big but main problem as i said to Rick WITH BRASS its very heavy an i would have to source up a minatrure whinch an then turning the crane an motors are fairly heavy BUT Rick's sown the seed in my mind an i

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Sorry all p/c has thrown a wobbley
AN HI Andrew yea things are getting built an that crane an Rick came up with a very good question will the crane work an :thinking: id love to get the crane to work after thinking through Ricks idea as at the time of building this jib i had thoughts of it bein static but now the more i think on it the more id love to have it working as the jib is quite big but main problem as i said to Rick WITH BRASS its very heavy an i would have to source up a minatrure whinch an then turning the crane an motors are fairly heavy BUT Rick's sown the seed in my mind an i will have a lot of thought on this subject
ATB chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Could you put the heavy parts of the crane motor etc. down low, to keep the weight below the waterline?
HI Jerry wont work as the wire ropes would still be connected an right under where the crane mounting is where the big main motor drive battery is as the whole deck with the crane on must lift off so i can put in an remove the big batt before an after sailing but thank you Jerry for that idea but ive only been thinking about this a day or so but it all comes back to the deck must lift off so any motors an such must be fitted in the cranes mounting AS under that section of deck there is the main drive batt an the steam unit an the P'D'B
thanks for your thoughts on the subject Jerry
ATB chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks for the explanation - bit of a problem with my idea then! :upside:
YEA Jerry im afaid so as i must admit ive got so much that i want to fit in this hull even though its a big hull i think im gonna be pushed for room but i will find out when she s had her water test but thanks for your intrest in tiger an keep thinking please as you may come up with a great idea that i can put into practice
cheers chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Good progress Chris. She looks smart as paint with her numbers on....
Thanks Tim glad you like her as its been a real battle with this hull but now shes in her top coat of paint all ive now for the moment have to worry about sprayin the clear water proffin lauqer an that 4 coats but when it warmer wheather
cheers for stoppin
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI CHAPS well im thnkin of leaveing the ships crane for a bit to see what i can come up with as regards a workin crane but the most important thing at the moment as summer is comin( hopefully) an thats to get her ready for her water tests so ive been concentrating on fitting all 6 stabilizer's an the rudder an the bowthruster an here are some pics but first i removed the maskin tape from her lovely stainless steel prop sharfts P1020590.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
next i thought that id strengthen the hull jiont on both hulls as there will be a lot of pressure to this area when liftin her into the water but my boaty mate say i over enggineer my models but better safe an strong than sorry if she breaks in half when lifting an to make her strong ive fitted two L shaped metal anlgeles in her on each hull jiont an one can be seen layin on the bottom of the hull here an then they have been resined in P1020593.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
next i fitted in a greased the stabilizers sharfts so they move easy on the front section starboard side an fitted in the hull bolts P1020594.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an all 4 stabilizer's fitted an greased up an all tighten up in the stern section on port side an all the port holes have been uncovered from the maskol an they are nice an clear glass P1020600.JPG