boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Chris, if the bridge is not glued down and you are able to rotate it just have the area you are going to glue be at the bottom so any drop of glue goes onto the superstructure instead of the glass pane.

Cheers,
Richard.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, if the bridge is not glued down and you are able to rotate it just have the area you are going to glue be at the bottom so any drop of glue goes onto the superstructure instead of the glass pane.

Cheers,
Richard.
HI Richard thats how ive been doin it yesterday on that lower bridge but my problem is that the glass has got to be gluded at the top as upside down no probs as you say but the glass must be glued at what would be the bottom when the bridge is turned up the right way an thats where i have the probs as the glass can ony overlap by about 3mm so that the glass will keep near the window bars an thats where i have the probs as ive got to squirt the c/a glue up under the glass an if the shakes hit an then glue may hit the window panes an then im in trouble as even if i wipe it off quick it will still leave a smear which is not acceptable so i'll see how it goes today on the top bridge an Richard many thanks for your intrest an ideas as we both think the same well done to you THANKS
ATB to you
Chris

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
This time last year I was making the main mast with the array of antennas for my spy ship. Time flies past so fast, missed that ship already.
And you were also doing your masts.

Cheers,
Richard

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Chris,
I just can't think of anything to say mate, your work is out standing it is an absolute joy to follow this build.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
I just can't think of anything to say mate, your work is out standing it is an absolute joy to follow this build.
NO Worryies Scottie if you are enoying my tiger build thats all that matters to me
ATB Chris ps im in a little while gonna post some pics of them two bridges

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
This time last year I was making the main mast with the array of antennas for my spy ship. Time flies past so fast, missed that ship already.
And you were also doing your masts.

Cheers,
Richard
WAS i doin my masts what a yr ago wow i thought it was only a few months ago an yes Richard time does fly when im doin my tiger build only another 5 months or so an i will have building it for 3 yrs an yes i remember your fantastic spy ship as it was one of the smallest an most detailed ship models id ever seen an i will never forget it An did the chap like it who you made it for ?
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL HI guys i think im nr a nervous wreck after doin these bridges but first a shot of them consoles paneles an im not that great a painter on these but ive dolled them up to look like they have buttons an screens on not great but best i can do when got the shakes an they all have some leds on them but wheather they will be seen much wont know untill i can wire them all up an fitted in the bridges
IMG_6494.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An now the bridges an i used a light green sheet of acetate for the window glazing an here im now getting ready to cut it into the correct size strips to just over lap the windows by 3mm top an bottom an glue them with c/a IMG_6493.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN Bottom bridge is done an no panic as it all went hunky dory im pleased to say an this one was the most difficult to do as there was not much room in it to fit in the glazeing so i had to use twezzers to fix the glass in place but all went okIMG_6495.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN here both bridges but there was a panic stations on this top bridge as when i was fittin a single sheet of glazeing it slipped out of the twezzers an went on on the huh an thankfully this c/a takes a few seconds to glue so i grabbed a small pair of snipe noseded plyiers an managene to remove it thank good ness but the ole ticker was doin over a hundred COR talk about sweat but the bridges all came out good in the end an ive got a few little cracks to fill but will do them later IMG_6496.JPG

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Absolutely cracking Chris!
Thanks Jack i feel as though im over the worst bits but a lot more to come boy oh boy an i havnt tried the bridges on the main S/S yet just got to hope they will still fit as i made them such a tight fit to guide in the eletric plugs an here now a coat of paint will make all the difference to them fittin on
but will see tomorrow as im a nervouse wreck an by tomorrow i will have calmed down an they say this modeling lark is fun an enjoyable lol
chris

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Chris, I use stuff called Glue 'n' Glaze for all my clear parts, any overspill can be washed off with a wet cloth/cotton bud so no risk to the clarity of windows, screens etc.

Andy.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, I use stuff called Glue 'n' Glaze for all my clear parts, any overspill can be washed off with a wet cloth/cotton bud so no risk to the clarity of windows, screens etc.

Andy.
HI Andy cheers for the info an could you please put on here a pic of this glue an glaze
chris

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
:thinking: :anguished:WOW Moni i wish i had that much confidence in meself as what you seem to have in me as yes i know what an how to do the job of fitting in the glass in them bridges its just that if i get the shakes when im trying to hard as i hold my breath an all it takes is just one tiny drop of C/A to land on what would be a window pane an its disarter but jen has been helping me by holding my wrist an steadying me if i get the shakes an weve done the jobs like this before on tiger build

BUT yesterday jen was out sunbathing an (makin her jewelry neclaces an bracelets an ear rings) an i dint want to distube her so i managed on my own on fittin in the bridge glass on the hardest bridge an the glass has gone in ok but then by the time id done that on came the shakes so i stopped what i was doin as these bridges are the most critical parts of this whole build AN MUST BE RIGHT as i dont want to have to scrap both bridges as they took a fair while to build them
AN CHEERS Moni for you lookin in on the build an for you givin me confidence in my self that i can do it many thanks
ATB TO YOU
chris an jen
oh sorry to hear that Chris,and yes i know what its like,that is the reason I have been unable to things as well have had this shaking in the hands as well for
oh must be close to 6mths or more myself,cannot paint or build with it,just kills you not being able to do what you enjoy,and with me if i do something like
just mow the lown i will have this shaking like your out in the cold,I did have a mate at Nic,s and he had something simulate as well,but with me im just feel
very cold all the time ,I did mention it to John sometime back,as im not real one to go on about things,I have no clue why its happening
but i do hope you will get better soon and back to a steady hand,so glad that Jen is able to help you out,get better soon
cheers
mon

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
oh sorry to hear that Chris,and yes i know what its like,that is the reason I have been unable to things as well have had this shaking in the hands as well for
oh must be close to 6mths or more myself,cannot paint or build with it,just kills you not being able to do what you enjoy,and with me if i do something like
just mow the lown i will have this shaking like your out in the cold,I did have a mate at Nic,s and he had something simulate as well,but with me im just feel
very cold all the time ,I did mention it to John sometime back,as im not real one to go on about things,I have no clue why its happening
but i do hope you will get better soon and back to a steady hand,so glad that Jen is able to help you out,get better soon
cheers
mon
HI Moni yes im ok now ive done them bridges glass an the worst is over thank goodness but ive still got to be as calm as possible an hopefully no shakes to make an fit the bridges window wipers an they are very tiny but on these i can just take my time an make sure i get them right but will still have to be carefull of geting glue on windows glass so just a few at a time an takin it easy
ATB to you dear lady
Chris an jen