BOATMAN's USS NIMITZ CVN 68 BUILD IN 1/144 SCALE

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN these ones worked the hanger doors open an close as the hanger doors rode on very small rails to keep them straight to the hull
an they were pulled open an close by very thin steel wires on pulley wheelsIMG_4042.JPG

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN in the above pic if you look closely the hanger door can be seen an the wires an red an blue pulley wheels that guide the wires

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Now some shots of the ships defence weapons platform sponsons these are R.A.M or rollin air missles an sea sparrow missles
which when they are fired the missle smashes through the plastic cover an then the fins all open for flight
the R.A.M systemIMG_4148.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Apart from the build Chris those electrics look more complex than a normal house ! Have you had any problems once they are fitted, I see you do a dry run test first as with the landing light array.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Apart from the build Chris those electrics look more complex than a normal house ! Have you had any problems once they are fitted, I see you do a dry run test first as with the landing light array.
Well John when it was all in the ship it worked ok sometimes there is a loose connection but most times I just bent the electric pin a bit an all ok that's why I did a dry test runs as you call it an if it works then in the test it normally works ok when fitted as I must admit ive been told im a bit OTT :smiling3:

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well John when it was all in the ship it worked ok sometimes there is a loose connection but most times I just bent the electric pin a bit an all ok that's why I did a dry test runs as you call it an if it works then in the test it normally works ok when fitted as I must admit ive been told im a bit OTT :smiling3:
I'd say more sensible than OTT, nothing worse in having to fault find while something is in situ.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I'd say more sensible than OTT, nothing worse in having to fault find while something is in situ.
Well John i made the it so the whole main flight deck could just be unscrewed so the whole thing came apart but I must admit that I had one major problem in the fresnall landing lights system which you hav'nt seen yet an I nearly lost it an I wanted to jump on the whole bl--dy ship :loudly-crying: but I had a coffee to calm down an I managed to get over the prob but boy oh boy was I pi--d off

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Especially when it's floating in a pond!
Pete
OH HI Pete if it had a prob on the pond it stayed like it until I got it home as if I opened her up at the pond so many people wanted to look inside her an I would have never had a sail on the day

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Very impressive.