BOB 75 year anniversary...

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I know its a bit late....

BUT ! Next year is the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain! Any chance this can be added ? It has loads of scope

edited to bring it to the attention a bit better.. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh yes i think it should, ;)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
BUT ! Next year is the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain! Any chance this can be added ?
That is actually a very good idea.

I S'pose it could be squeezed in some how. What is the general consensus about a twelve month SIG parallel to the Battle of Berlin build...?

Again given the subject and the time allowed, again I would like to see more than just a single model for this one as well.

Should we add this to the calender? I'm game if you are.

Ian M

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
That is actually a very good idea.I S'pose it could be squeezed in some how. What is the general consensus about a twelve month SIG parallel to the Battle of Berlin build...?

Again given the subject and the time allowed, again I would like to see more than just a single model for this one as well.

Should we add this to the calender? I'm game if you are.

Ian M
Great idea about more than just an aircraft I'm all for that ,

My parameters would be multiple authentic aircraft or factual background diorama, important meeting at british command or German command or any crash dio or captured airman , observer corps dio , bombed street or airfield

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I think that it's a splendid idea.

Steve

P

Polux

I don't know if I will take part, but is a great idea!!

We can build the both bands? Or only the British one?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
We can build the both bands? Or only the British one?
I'm easy. British, German, Italian. If they took part in the Battle of Britain you can build them.

\ said:
My parameters would be multiple authentic aircraft or factual background diorama, important meeting at british command or German command or any crash dio or captured airman , observer corps dio , bombed street or airfield
With the proviso that it is fairly obvious that it is the Battle of Britain. I think that the bombed street could be more associated with the Blitz, but then I wasn't there :P

Ian M

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Laurie or Steve will be able to tell us, both were bombed :smiling3:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
whats the rules?...........for instance if we want to do a spitfire it must be a MK 1 than was in use at the time not a MK V which would have been '42

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
i think it would be a good idea to have it as a 12 month GB to run alongside the 1/24 GB.......lots of people are not going to want to do such a big aircraft (ive decided not to since it will take too long and i would not have anywhere to put it when its done and i cant really afford it anyway) so it would be something for everyone else to join in with as an alternative

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
whats the rules?...........for instance if we want to do a spitfire it must be a MK 1 than was in use at the time not a MK V which would have been '42
I think the answer is in the question. If you are gong to do an aircraft for a BofB build, it had better be one that was actually in the battle of Britain. July to October 1940

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
How did we miss this ? Anyway, great idea, I'm up for it.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I'm easy. British, German, Italian. If they took part in the Battle of Britain you can build them.With the proviso that it is fairly obvious that it is the Battle of Britain. I think that the bombed street could be more associated with the Blitz, but then I wasn't there :P

Ian M
Didn't the blitz start with the BoB :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
i think it would be a good idea to have it as a 12 month GB to run alongside the 1/24 GB.......lots of people are not going to want to do such a big aircraft (ive decided not to since it will take too long and i would not have anywhere to put it when its done and i cant really afford it anyway) so it would be something for everyone else to join in with as an alternative
No Paul this is not to run along the 1/24 GB this is on its own , so it can be any scale or format as long as it's from May 1940 ( some say July ) to October 1940 , it has to be anything to do with the Battle of Britain not just aircraft so it gives you a big scope to work from :smiling3:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
I think the answer is in the question. If you are gong to do an aircraft for a BofB build, it had better be one that was actually in the battle of Britain. July to October 1940
was just checking :P :P

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
No Paul this is not to run along the 1/24 GB this is on its own , so it can be any scale or format as long as it's from May 1940 ( some say July ) to October 1940 , it has to be anything to do with the Battle of Britain not just aircraft so it gives you a big scope to work from :smiling3:
lol...thats what i meant just didnt come out right :P

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Erm, I think I've got a bit of a start... :smiling3:

But I've got plenty more where they came from!

Cheers

P

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Looks like we have a few for this one so that's pleased me :smiling3: