Bob and his floating StuG. Again!

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
All sounds a bit complicated to me Bob ,whats wrong with a surgical glove on left hand to hold model whilst working with right(visa versa for weirdo's) I spray all my stuff holding in left hand,turret if there is one I hold by the barrel main body poke a finger in hole for turret no stress turn it any way you want dead easy coz there ain't no hard bits to reach ,l hold my model to paint detail stuff once again dead easy nothing you can't get to ,for the fashion conscious I wear a blue one(don't usualy change it unless it gets really bad or I break it)although the purple one's look attractive I must admit. Yes I can hear them all now ....God the blokes a slob but as I say keep it simple keep it fun I dont need a rod for my back thank you. Dave . :hungry: :tongue-out3:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
You have hurt my feelings now as I am one of the 12% of weirdo's on the planet. ;) :smiling5:

Andy.
Andy i can only offer my apologies, I was assured almost guaranteed that they had no feelings :tongue-out3: but I'm sure I read or heard somewhere they don't live as long as proper people....?.....:face-with-thermometer:..?.........Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
All sounds a bit complicated to me Bob ,whats wrong with a surgical glove on left hand to hold model whilst working with right(visa versa for weirdo's) I spray all my stuff holding in left hand,turret if there is one I hold by the barrel main body poke a finger in hole for turret no stress turn it any way you want dead easy coz there ain't no hard bits to reach ,l hold my model to paint detail stuff once again dead easy nothing you can't get to ,for the fashion conscious I wear a blue one(don't usualy change it unless it gets really bad or I break it)although the purple one's look attractive I must admit. Yes I can hear them all now ....God the blokes a slob but as I say keep it simple keep it fun I dont need a rod for my back thank you. Dave . :hungry: :tongue-out3:
WELL Bob i aggree with most of what Dave says here except about left handed people as my wife is left handed but what he says here is baseicly its no need to make it to complicatiated an im still not sure about this YAMATO as in one bit you say you bought the models yrs ago an then you say its comin nxt week is this a wind up ?
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Tim

What i plan to do with smaller ships is to use some of Julies makeup foam wedges, ( she does not know yet, plan to 'borrow' a few every now and then lol )

And use bubble wrap as well

Bob
Bob mate :thinking:dont you mean nick as you cant borrow as that means to give them back to julie an you wont be doin that will you lol :rolling: :fearful::smiling3:you'll get it in the neck if she finds out like i did when i nicked one of jen black stockings :crying: that cost me two new packs an take her out to dinner so dont make my mistake an ask the lady she can only say NO :fearful::crying::crying::smiling::smiling::smiling:
Chris

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Failing that, just call into a pound shop and buy some yourself……torn up they are pretty good for rust effects as well…..

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Bit late now, but for holding the hull whilst working on the 'Uppers' I use a piece of 5mm plywood or similar, a bigger than the ship size. I then drill a couple of small holes in the underside of the model's hull and fix to the plywood using self tapping screws.
Thus, I can do all the work required without ever touching the model's hull during the construction of the superstructure etc.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Bob when i handle my big tiger hulls i grab hold of the cross members on which the S/S sits so no need an now that the clear lauqer has gone off hard i can touch the hull paintwork without any effcet or worry of leving fingerprints
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Must own up, i have plenty of the sponges, use them for removing tide marks and excess pigments, very cheap got mine fron Primark when Julie buys stuff, also means she pays :tongue-out3:

Will get the cradle next week, good to hear the different methods, i found that even resting the hull on the cutting mat left marks on the hull paint, so hopefully varnish and the cradle will protect the paint, also means i can work without touching it, thats the plan!! And only cost £13

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Bob so what i gather you have the models from yrs ago an whats comin nxt wk is this cradle am i right ? an can we see pics of the kits please as i love tamiya an a quick peekaboo inside at the hulls of the kits
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
WELL Bob so what i gather you have the models from yrs ago an whats comin nxt wk is this cradle am i right ? an can we see pics of the kits please as i love tamiya an a quick peekaboo inside at the hulls of the kits
chris
Hi Chris

Yep cradle next Thursday, he has got to order it, no rush