Bob's Christmas Stug Cake

• Thread starter Deleted member 7237
  • Start date

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Pete

As others have said this build did not belittle the Stug GB. Since coming back to the hobby a few years ago I have noticed that on some forums (fortunately none I have been on) people take themselves FAR TOO seriously.

It is one thing to attempt to build a specific example of a tank/ship/plane /car etc. and make some mistakes, in which case CONSTRUCTIVE (note capitalisation!!) criticism is only fair. It is why I joined forums like this, to improve myself.

In your case of silly/humourous builds, NOBODY in their right mind should think anything other than you are having some fun. They are there to bring a smile to everyone's faces and they do just that. And in spades!!

Life is too short sometimes not to look at the fun things in life.

And I say that as someone who LOVES quickbuild wargaming kits, so my son and I can have some fun. He may not stick with the hobby but hopefully we'll look back later in Iife at this time with fondness.

I also say it with ALL seriousness now as someone whose father died before I turned 23 and also as someone whose wife lost BOTH her parents before she turned 21.

Life is far too short sometimes and your builds are a little ray of sunshine, not to mention an occasional talking point at my work were they are regarded by both make and female colleagues as brilliant.

So please do not abandon your silly/humorous builds.

ATB

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Pete

As others have said this build did not belittle the Stug GB. Since coming back to the hobby a few years ago I have noticed that on some forums (fortunately none I have been on) people take themselves FAR TOO seriously.

It is one thing to attempt to build a specific example of a tank/ship/plane /car etc. and make some mistakes, in which case CONSTRUCTIVE (note capitalisation!!) criticism is only fair. It is why I joined forums like this, to improve myself.

In your case of silly/humourous builds, NOBODY in their right mind should think anything other than you are having some fun. They are there to bring a smile to everyone's faces and they do just that. And in spades!!

Life is too short sometimes not to look at the fun things in life.

And I say that as someone who LOVES quickbuild wargaming kits, so my son and I can have some fun. He may not stick with the hobby but hopefully we'll look back later in Iife at this time with fondness.

I also say it with ALL seriousness now as someone whose father died before I turned 23 and also as someone whose wife lost BOTH her parents before she turned 21.

Life is far too short sometimes and your builds are a little ray of sunshine, not to mention an occasional talking point at my work were they are regarded by both make and female colleagues as brilliant.

So please do not abandon your silly/humorous builds.

ATB

Andrew
Very true Andrew very well pointed out. As Pete you have the talent for story tellin an thread layouts that a lot of people including myself just hav'nt got
Jen an chris