Bob's first bash at the dreaded Zimmerit

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Afternoon

As the Tammy Elefant I am building has to have zimmerit its about time I had a go at it, looked at the many methods on youtube and after reading Johns problems I also tried no nails as I had some in the garage

Tried different thicknesses, drying times etc, beauty of it is, its water based so a simple case of scraping off and trying again and of course getting it off my fingers lol

stug 2 005.JPG

Used an old Stug skirt, put on thin using my finger and used Tamiya combs, these did not leave a lot behind, left to dry and sprayed, same time as the Stug A, in red primer

As I have never had a go at zimm, I would appreciate some feedback please, before I ruin the Elefant!!

bob

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That’s looking quite acceptable to me. You may want to practice a bit more, mainly to get the lines nice and even without wobbling up and down a little, and all the same width, but other than that, I’d say your basic technique is sound.

Reactions: JR

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Jakko, another go needed lol

Bob

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yes Bob you've certainly got a good mix and method.:thumb2: Agree with Jakko on the wobbly bit though but that can be rectified with practice.