Bob's Sturmgeschutz GB Chat thread

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Welcome Papa, care to name the Stug??

Here's a revised list of fools, sorry volunteers

1 Bob Court :- Dragon 1/35 Stug 111, Ausf G, late production with Zimmerit + bits
2 Si :- Miniart 1/35 Stug O series
3 Al :- Tamiya 1/35 Stug IV
4 Simon T
5 Andy
6 Pete :- Tamiya 1/35 Ausf B
7 Dave W :- Revell 1/35 Stug IV
8 Steve H
9 Fernando
10 John Race
11 Graeme C
12 Allen Dewire :- Dragon 1/35 Stug IV late production
13 Bowcat :- Tamiya 1/35 Stug Finnish army
14 Beowulf :- Dragon 1/35 Stug Ausf B
15 Lee Drennan
16 Papa 695 : - Tamiya 1/48 Stug B
17 Ron:- Tamiya 1/35 Stug IV
18 Mickc :- Academy 1/35 Stug IV
19 Andrew :-

After much looking, here's mine

new bits 002.JPG

having a bash at a full interior
new bits 001.JPG

may also show it with a engine change??
new bits 003.JPG

thanks bob

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Here is my offering, Bob StuG, please note it will be in 4 BO Russian Paint work .
Although I have been told that the Russians used them after capture I can find no certain evidence. It's thought they were sent for evaluation as I had posted earlier .
Anyway there are two ,yes Bob Two to choose from.
Suggestions to which one would be better suited to me would be gratfully accepted .No it's not going to be either on fire or burnt be out. ..............yet.
IMG_20190819_100709311.jpg

?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Is that a very old Academy kit? If so, you might not have much to choose between the two — if you open the boxes, chances are the sprues are almost identical aside from the manufacturer’s data.

Aha, here we go …

Academy:

1203_1_aca1332_4.jpg
1203_1_aca1332_2.jpg

Tamiya:

1153_1_tam35087_2.jpg
1153_1_tam35087_4.jpg

Yes, the parts are elsewhere on the sprues, but nominally in the same place if you mirror parts of the sprues, or move whole blocks of them around. But look at the parts breakdown and their actual shape. If you were to swap the instruction sheets around, I wouldn’t be surprised you can still build both of these kits without noticing anything amiss.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Great idea Bob,

I forgot I had a goody in the stash for my StuG too. It looks pretty nekkid inside the back.....

I guess we have to throw this baby in there! It's for the Tamiya kit, but I'll make it fit...……...

I love the smell of fresh resin first thing in the morning…………...……………….

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Is that a very old Academy kit? If so, you might not have much to choose between the two — if you open the boxes, chances are the sprues are almost identical aside from the manufacturer’s data.

Aha, here we go …

Academy:

View attachment 354054
View attachment 354055

Tamiya:

View attachment 354056
View attachment 354057

Yes, the parts are elsewhere on the sprues, but nominally in the same place if you mirror parts of the sprues, or move whole blocks of them around. But look at the parts breakdown and their actual shape. If you were to swap the instruction sheets around, I wouldn’t be surprised you can still build both of these kits without noticing anything amiss.
Thanks Jakko, so basically the same , well first one off the shelf then :smiling3:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Evening John, green, green, green, thought you might lol. Crack on sir but do not forget------ wait for it, wait for it!!
I will have a look through my small collection of books to see if i can find any pics of the IV running on vodka!!

Hi Allen, thanks depending how well the interior goes? The boxs just say for Dragon kit? So like your beauty, hit it lol.

Might turn into build too far!!

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I've bid on (and lost) a few auctions on evilbay. But still plenty of time to get a kit. Going for a Stug III Ausf. G or an IV. Just so i can do it in SS markings lol

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Al, hope you are well

The SS used all versions, as you say loads of time

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Doing ok thanks Bob. Working hard at the moment. So no time for building my 109.

The SS used all versions

Oh i know. But i am going to use the build for a diorama with SS figures wearing Dot 44 kit.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Ok, a G or IV then. However as the war went pear shaped a few old Stugs where used. Seen a pic of a GI on a A or B!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I've just been having a sort out in my den and look what I've turned up from the darkest of dark corners!
P1240161.JPG

So add me to the list please Bob?
I'm not bothered about if this Mk. did or didn't have, but I'm going to put on home made zimmerit, concrete, all sorts of stuff - and then to top it off I'll paint it in that wonderful 'Disc' camouflage.

Roll on the fun times.... :upside: :thumb2:

Ron

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Thanks Jakko, so basically the same , well first one off the shelf then :smiling3:
Though Scalemates doesn’t show them as such, most early Academy kits are straight copies of Tamiya ones. I remember they weren’t even allowed to be sold in this country in the 80s — I needed tracks for a Sherman that were at the time only available from an old, out of production Tamiya M10 tank destroyer, and someone gave me the tip to phone a certain shop and ask for the tracks from the Academy version of it. When I did, the man on the other end asked who had tipped me before he would agree to sell them to me.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Beowulf, always run from figures but if i am going to do a engine removal then figures it is unless they have gone to lunch lol