Bob's Sturmgeschutz GB Chat thread

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Sorry all that i have not posted a lot recently, got some long time health issues to deal with.

Had bad flu then pnuemonia in Feb which brought on bad fatique, lack of breath etc. A scan showed narrowing of 2 main heart arteries, so i thought poo, bugger but at least it should be fixable. Had an angiogram yesterday ( really scared at first but enjoyed watching it on the monitor, mad i know) but consultant said its ok, no real problems, that was a huge/massive relief but back to square one, he thinks its a case of a very nasty virus, so looks like more tests, peeed off as i am no better. So what the hell is next, been nearly 8 months.

Thats my excuse lol

Bob

• Sad
Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Bob, scarry times my friend, unfortunately your the same as me and a lot of others in some else's hands all I can say is rest , take your time, do what they say, hard I know, I'm coming up to 8 years with my health condition it does get easier in some ways but in others ????. I be thinking and praying for a good out come.
There is lots of us on here with some major health issues at the moment I wish everyone good wishes for to day and the foreseeable future.
Pete.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning boys

Health issues seem to be our lot in life, perhaps we are all just wearing out?
I have to be thankful that I know I have worn both my knees out and its just waiting for my 2nd knee replacement and I shall move onto recovery.
The pain is still a bear at times though.
You both have my deepest empathy and I am sure the NHS will keep you afloat until it is resolved, eventually!
I am now down to counting the weeks to retirement too, as that is another portion of my life plan, 27 weeks to go.
Though I haven't shared with work yet, as I want my 3 months surgical recovery on full pay first!
As Pete said, R&R and focus on something else, perhaps build a Stug, Bob? LOL
Take it easy, its going to be a hot one, today.
Regards
Steve H

Reactions: JR

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning Bob,
Glad the angiogram went ok and showed no real problems, I can’t begin to imagine how relieved you’d of been hearing that:thumb2:
Hoping that they can now concentrate on finding out what’s giving you the fatigue!
Take care and get plenty of rest mate.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
hi Bob
ive had an angio before.....not the nicest thing......for me the scariest thing was seeing just how long that bloody probe is!! :flushed:
hope they get you on the mend soon

like Pete says, its surprising how many of us have ailments........my knees and shoulder are getting worse and my asthma is starting to play up again....had a big heart scare a few years ago, that turned out to be a weird virus

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Hi Bob

Glad to hear it isn't an as serious issue as we've discussed previously. Yes viral infections can be bad but at least you and the doctors know where to concentrate your efforts now. Take it easy bud and chill out with a nice relaxing read of some Stug books. I'm sure you can find one somewhere lol.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
:cool:Many thanks all :thumb2:

I just seems to be going round and round, thought that at least they had found the problem so the cure was on the way, but what's next? Already had a chest scan and nothing at all, so if its a virus and this is what the consultant told me after the angio that he had seen this before, they take a year or so. I was also told this by my doc months ago that these viruses are hard to find and often are left to go on their own, if that's the case I am knackered then :sad:

After the fear of the angio I actually enjoyed it, did not feel a thing, and did not see the probe as the registrar was behind a blurry plastic screen. The team were fantastic and the one theatre nurse kept me informed so watching the screen was interesting to say the least. At the end she squeezed my hand and said in my ear "nothing to worry about" I had big trouble holding back the tears, lovely lady, going to drop off a load of bickies to say a small thank you. first class early birthday pressie

Al, good advice but having trouble finding a Stug book, think Julie sold them all :thinking:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Hi Bob, good to hear your angiogram went well, just hope they sort the virus out.
I have had a Tamiya Stug III Ausf G in the stash for too long, it has a few extras & I think I will go with that.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Yes, the 1/35 Stug G early, I have PE set & schurtzen, an RB barrel. I think it's been lurking in the stash for about seven years, I've no excuse not to build it.:rolling:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Graeme

Added to list of suckers lol

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Pete for posting the very interesting bits on the Italian Stug!!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Poor you Bob, well at least you know the consultant said you had no real problems.
According to the people that know you should try to have 8 to 9 hrs sleep a night , to help recover from constant tiredness.
Take it easy.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John - according to scalemates it is a re-box of the 1994 Dragon Stug
Oh good ! Is that good or bad. The instructions are in Russian so no difference then .:smiling:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi John

Many thanks, got up this morning, made tea fed the moggies, no warning lost breath then all energy. Spent most of day doing bugger all. Off to doc we go (again)

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
You poor old bugger Bob :confused:
Get yourself down to the quacks mate. Hope they can get to the bottom of this thing for you!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Less of the old (well not that old)

Thanks Si, appreciated. Had episodes like this and worse for nearly 8 months. Feel better now but worn out. No idea whats next. Thank god for Julie and of course the Stug and not forgetting the rabble on the site