Bob's Sturmgeschutz GB Chat thread

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Bob

Be patient and off to the Dr's.

Take a Stug book for light reading and hopefully they can get you back on track soon.

Take care

Steve H

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Steve

Off to docs in the morning, cannot be much left to test

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Bob,
Take care of yourself mate and hopefully you will be firing on all cylinders soon.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Been to docs, not usual one as he's in Japan watching rugby (not paid enough ah lol) she read all the many scans and reports, looked at me and said, you are not at all well, why are you in work? There does not appear to many tests left so it might be pnuemonia after all leaving a nasty virus in the system. Feel rotten again, peeed off big time.

So back on sick for a month and they will support me in trying for early retirement on ill health. So spoke to boss and set the wheels in motion. I cannot work like this.

Thats my big moan, sorry all

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HOPE you get your retirement Bob you desevrse it an you have done very well goin to work man as I know what its like havin to work when not well as I had to with back trouble for yrs get better soon mate just think of a stug
all best chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Chris, going what ever! But on ill health they enhance your pension which of course would be ideal

Will give it one hell of a go

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Bob,

Sorry to hear your feeling dreadful again mate, Was hoping you’d get a more definitive answer really and some sort of treatment!
At least you don’t need to worry about being at work and can chill out, put your feet up and read a good StuG book:nerd:
Would be good if they enhance your pension...would certainly make life a little easier for you.

Take it easy

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Me too Si, at least i will have extra time for the night fighter and your GB! At least i have had everything checked, apart from the breathing/fatique i am in good nick!!

The enhanced pension would be superb and icing on the retirement cake (stug shaped)

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Mixed tidings then Bob!

Enhancement is definitely a bonus, but just hanging up the work bag and taking it easy is the goal, and hopefully it will ease some of the health issues too?

I know Anna has a very very long list of ""To Do...." jobs planned for me for next April!

Just need another new knee and off I trot into early retirement, the boss might be a problem though LOL

Take care of yourself whilst your recuperating.

Regards

Steve H

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Steve, sorry for late reply

No doubt i will a to do list, but that will include Stug jobs as well

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I hope that you get it sorted Bob. I stopped working about five years ago. Most of my joints are shot/worn out. To young (!) to get a knee joint done. (only one "free" pair and as they dont last forever, they save them for the "old people"! Same with hips! Denmark does not do Elbows!!! My lower back creaks like an old door and add to that I now get Sciatica pretty much every other month. Normally passes in three or four days. The latest attack.... Getting on for Four WEEKS now and cant recall the last time I could feel my foot!
On asking about Early pension I was, more or less, told "man up and get over it!"

So I hope that things go a bit better for you and your request for an early pension.
Oh by the way: Since having stopped work, I have never worked så bloody hard in my life. But at least I can stop when ever I want and take a break for a couple of days! lol

Is a Sturmpanza just another name for Sturmgeschutz?

Reactions: JR

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Morning Ian, sorry to hear of your troubles, at least no work, well not so much lol. Both of my knees are creaking due to crawling under trucks etc but not that bad.

A sturmpanzer was a vehicle such as the Pz IV Brummbar or sturmtiger not a Stug.

Not sure if i will get the enhanced pension but whatever i am finishing at xmas. No way i can work.

We are all falling apart!

Bob

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Is a Sturmpanza just another name for Sturmgeschutz?
The Sturmpanzer III, or Sturm-Infanteriegeschütz 33B for its more formal name, was a Pz.Kpfw. III chassis with a big rectangular superstructure carrying a 15 cm howitzer:

2’_-_Patriot_Museum%2C_Kubinka_%2838346470826%29.jpg

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Evening you soon to be Stug lovers:tongue-out3:

I have contacted Ian and i have extended the GB to 6 months.

With my current issues i will need that to open the box:rolling: i know a lot of us are in a good few other GB's so extra time will come in handy. Hope you all agree

Bob