Bob's Sturmgeschutz GB Chat thread

J

James Robert Noble

Hi Steve, yes indeed. RB top bloke fom MM and that is an amazing Walkaround.
Many Thanks Steve. Bookmarked for my build! :nerd:
That is the completed award winning restoration of the Ausf.D
Isn't she something! :blow-kiss-2:

J

James Robert Noble

My partner Caroline sent me this earlier today when they were picking up wool! Apparently Mabel said that I would like it! :tears-of-joy: C'mon Bob! Let it into the GB! :tears-of-joy:

Screenshot_20191207-211120_WhatsApp.jpg

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Ah a fantastic maincoon, luv it. I would like one some day. Our current 4 rescue moggies might object lol. I would also need girders on my lap!!

actually she isnt a Maine Coon..........her mother and 3 siblings are normal size......just our luck to pick the one that turned out to huge!.......our other cat is a rescue from a shelter

Reactions: JR

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
No! Shes a beauty, what are you feeding her with, lots and lots!

Thought my casper was large but no contest bob

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great choice James. I built this a couple of years ago and its a lovely kit. The air filters were a little tricky but all in all a great kit. If you want to see the final build pictures they can be found HERE
Steve

That really is rather good!! Well done.

Andrew

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Yet another Updated list :

1 Bob Court :- Dragon 1/35 Stug 111, Ausf G, late production with Zimmerit + bits
2 Si :- Miniart 1/35 Stug O series
3 Al :- Tamiya 1/35 Stug IV
4 Simon T:- Zvezda 1/35 Stug B with etch and winter tracks. Dragon 1/72 Stug E
5 Andy:- Tamiya Stug Ausf B with bits
6 Pete :- Tamiya 1/35 Stug Ausf B
7 Dave W :- Revell 1/35 Stug IV
8 Steve H :- Italeri 1/35 Stug Ausf B
9 Fernando:- Tamiya B with Fruil
10 John Race :- Zvezda 1/35 Stug Ausf B
11 Graeme C :- Tamiya 1/35 early G
12 Allen Dewire :- Dragon 1/35 Stug IV late production
13 Bowcat :- Tamiya 1/35 Stug Finnish army
14 Beowulf :- Dragon 1/35 Stug Ausf B
15 Lee Drennan :- Tamiya 1/48 Stug G
16 Papa 695 : - Tamiya 1/48 Stug B
17 Ron:- Tamiya 1/35 Stug IV
18 Mickc :- Academy 1/35 Stug IV
19 Andrew :- Plastic Soldier 1/72 Stug name your version!
20 Richard :- Italeri 1/35 Stug IV
21 Steve Jones :- Dragon 1/35 Stug Ausf C/D with lots of extras
22 Christian:- 1:56 Bolt Action + another
23 Jon :- Dragon's F/8
24: James :- 1/35 Bronco Stug D Africa campaign
25: Bob Court:- Tamiya 1/35 StuG B

Has anyone else noticed that very slowly and subtly, in a 'softly, softly, catchee monkey' kind of way, Bob appears to have launched a Stug backed coup d'état of the forum!?!?!?

Just a thought?!?

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Has anyone else noticed that very slowly and subtly, in a 'softly, softly, catchee monkey' kind of way, Bob appears to have launched a Stug backed coup d'état of the forum!?!?!?

Just a thought?!?

Andrew
I said that several post ago
NXT thing we hear he'll have invaded the whole web now where have I heard that afore ? he mad as a box of frogs :nerd::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I said that several post ago
NXT thing we hear he'll have invaded the whole web now where have I heard that afore ? he mad as a box of frogs :nerd::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:
chris
I am sitting on my chair, stroking a cat, waiting for Mr Bond, James Bond. first step the web then the local chipshop. StuG only parking

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I am sitting on my chair, stroking a cat, waiting for Mr Bond, James Bond. first step the web then the local chipshop. StuG only parking
StuG ONLY PARKIN WHAT ABOUT THE ALFA you cant not have a parkin space for her its un heard of LOL an you have got big ideas if you gonna invade the local
chip shop what nxt world domination ?LOL
CHRIS

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'm toying with adding Zimmerit to my Stug IV - I've no problem with applying it, but where? I know it was applied to vertical surfaces, but not to Schurzen, and that's about it. Are there any diagrams to show the areas covered? I do know that the Stug IV had 'normal' Zimmerit ( ie not waffle pattern ), and I've dug out my Tamiya 'rake', so all I need is a bit of reference...............
Dave

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Going by some photos, basically the whole front, except for the gun mantlet and the vertical plates besides that (both sides are bare) and the horizontal roof over the driver’s position. The sloping roof sections at the front were covered too, and also the whole hull rear plate but not the rear plate of the superstructure. Every part of the mudguards (front and rear) that wasn’t horizontal also appears of have had Zimmerit.

This is mainly going by photos of a StuG IV with remote-controlled machine gun and vertical exhaust pipes, again in Spielberger’s Sturmgeschütz (pages 146–147 of the third printing, 1997).

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I had a Eureka Moment!! Eduard produce PE Zimmerit - which looks too flat to my eyes - but they show the areas that are treated. They make versions for the Academy, Tamiya & Dragon models, but not the Revell/Italeri. There are differences in coverage between each of the models, so I reckon I will have sufficient leeway if I miss ( or hit ) a few areas.
I've downloaded the instructions from the Eduard website, so I'll be able to mark out the patches
Dave