Bob's Sturmgeschutz GB Chat thread

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
John, bet they would not gone into Ely, Cardiff!! Large estate.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ok guys and gals so here's my entry, which you may have seen ealier.

I may have been a bit greedy with (or overambitious more likely). For the uninitiated PSC boxes contain more than one kit - three in this case - and you can often make more than one version - 4 in this case. As you also see the instructions are very simples!!

Best bit though was that RRP used to be £17.50 but recently went up to £19.95 or more if you include P&P. However I picked this box up for £16.70 incl. P&P!! It would have been rude not too, I think you would agree. ;)

Bob - just bear in mind they are wargaming kits so there just might be the odd inaccuracy!

48725958187_f880010f2a_c.jpg

48726182318_960b785c10_c.jpg

48726687652_e01af965b5_c.jpg

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Another revised list of fools, sorry suckers, all being drawn into Stug world

1 Bob Court :- Dragon 1/35 Stug 111, Ausf G, late production with Zimmerit + bits
2 Si :- Miniart 1/35 Stug O series
3 Al :- Tamiya 1/35 Stug IV
4 Simon T
5 Andy:- Tamiya Stug Ausf B with bits
6 Pete :- Tamiya 1/35 Stug Ausf B
7 Dave W :- Revell 1/35 Stug IV
8 Steve H :- Italeri 1/35 Stug Ausf B
9 Fernando
10 John Race :- Zvezda 1/35 Stug Ausf B
11 Graeme C :- Tamiya 1/35 early G
12 Allen Dewire :- Dragon 1/35 Stug IV late production
13 Bowcat :- Tamiya 1/35 Stug Finnish army
14 Beowulf :- Dragon 1/35 Stug Ausf B
15 Lee Drennan
16 Papa 695 : - Tamiya 1/48 Stug B
17 Ron:- Tamiya 1/35 Stug IV
18 Mickc :- Academy 1/35 Stug IV
19 Andrew :- Plastic Soldier 1/72 Stug name your version!
20 Richard :- Italeri 1/35 Stug IV
21 Steve Jones :- Dragon 1/35 Stug Ausf C/D with lots of extras

Getting very large GB chaps, what have I started lol

To be fair very pleased at the interest, thanks again to you all

Last edited:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Is that so bob! Perhaps i should charge lol!!! Could go into the piggy bank ready for a 1/16 Stug please, please Trumpeter or any bugger would do :tongue-out3:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
If I'm not totally insane, Verlinden made a resin (kit 783) 1/15 Stug III Ausf. F/8 around 20 years ago. Probably expensive to buy today. He also made a Panther, Pz Kfw II and some others like a jeep and a kubelwagen.........

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
If I'm not totally insane, Verlinden made a resin (kit 783) 1/15 Stug III Ausf. F/8 around 20 years ago.
You may be totally insane for all I know, but you are also right about that StuG kit. There is A LOT wrong with it, though — I remember reading back an article about building it in MilMod sometime last year or last spring or so, and it has all kinds of minor mistakes that end up making it clearly wrong in several ways and areas to anyone who knows a little about StuGs. It’s also apparently not the easiest kit to build, largely thanks to Verlinden’s then-already outdated production methods (open moulds if at all possible, because — to put it bluntly but accurately — he was a cheapskate).

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You may be totally insane for all I know, but you are also right about that StuG kit. There is A LOT wrong with it, though — I remember reading back an article about building it in MilMod sometime last year or last spring or so, and it has all kinds of minor mistakes that end up making it clearly wrong in several ways and areas to anyone who knows a little about StuGs. It’s also apparently not the easiest kit to build, largely thanks to Verlinden’s then-already outdated production methods (open moulds if at all possible, because — to put it bluntly but accurately — he was a cheapskate).
Sir I wish to point out that my dear friend is certified insane, not just totally.
Yours
Dzhon Reys
Bed 6
Ward 9
Broadmoor Hospital for the criminal insane
Berkshire .

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Sir I wish to point out that my dear friend is certified insane, not just totally.
Yours
Dzhon Reys
Bed 6
Ward 9
Broadmoor Hospital for the criminal insane
Berkshire .

Ah home, those padded cells, ice baths the good old days, remember them well.
Pete

So true what my friends above stated, but my favorite was the Electroshock Therapy 5 days a week. Nothing like the smell of my burning hairs first thing in the morning…………..

Allen
No, don't turn up the voltage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
I have an insane desire to scratch build a 120mm/1:15 Stug B but I doubt there would be time due to work getting in the way

Verlinden kits go for around the £450 mark

There is the 1:15 Bandai Stug IV as well sometimes to be found at a much more reasonable £180ish

• Wow
D

Deleted member 7181

I've just had a look through the Voyager PE kit I bought for this. Laughed loudly and put it back in the box!

I can't even see some of the parts so doubt I'll be able to work with them. Will have a go at some of the larger parts but think I'll be leaving the micro surgery to others for now lol.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
There was a Bandai kit on ebay few weeks ago, very interested but not at ££££££

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Bob - there is a Heng Long Stug IIIF available in 1:16 radio control but they are still about £120-140

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Oh Bob, you know you want it, think of the fun you could have. Go for it , your only here once.