Bob's Tamiya 1/35 Das Reich Hummel. Normandy front (AAGB)

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Bob very clean work indeed but more importantly good to see you back at the bench :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:.
Pete

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks both, planning another bash in the morning. Do not want a manic bench, oppss to late!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks fine Bob, glad you are getting back into the swing.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Many thanks john, Stug fever brewing:tongue-out3:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice to see you back at the bench limbering up and getting ready for the Stug GB. Will you be doing both builds at the same time??

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Morning Steve, thats the plan and also have a good few others needing work!!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
getting closer

Tammy Hummel 001.JPG
Front panel just snaps into place (its not fully fitted as i plan to paint the gun on its own)
Tammy Hummel 002.JPG
Tammy Hummel 003.JPG

Still a few fiddly bits and a clean up to go

bob

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
My god, are you all sitting down :rolling: its actually reached the painting stage :flushed:

Lightly primed with Mr Surfacer 1500 in grey, thinned 50/50

Tammy Hummel 1 001.JPG
Tammy Hummel 1 002.JPG
Tammy Hummel 1 003.JPG
Tammy Hummel 1 004.JPG

I will try to do the gun on its own as when in place its a tight fit so should also give more room to mess up the fighting compartment as well as the gun
Tammy Hummel 1 005.JPGTammy Hummel 1 007.JPG

Was a bit worried as to how to clean the airbrush after lacquer paint so asked the very helpful chap at the Airbrush Company and he recommended using Liquid reamer, (sounds like something the doc would give you if had troubles going to the loo :poop:) but by god its superb, washed everything away with a good blast and cleaned the outside of the brush a treat

will leave to dry for a day or so and then dunkelgelb

thanks bob

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Nice to see the wet stuff. Looking goooooooood. Good luck with the modulation
Thanks Steve

Did not do a lot today, set up the compressor etc in the garage (dusty, damp, and very cold) and quickly gave up as I was freezing. I do not normally feel the cold but what ever is causing my health issues seems to have altered that. so retreated to the house, a cat sat on me and i fell asleep again :rolling: battery flat again, a right pain :angry:

Strong possibility that we will be moving this year as Julie as arthritis and if i am diagnosed with ME a bungalow may be in order. I will be looking for a dedicated room where i can do the lot, the garage is no good as i have to hoover everything before and dust still gets about.

Thanks Ralph, appreciated:thumb2:

Hi PaulE

yes, in recoil as the gun is so well made you have the option and the plan is to show a very faded, worn, dusty and abandoned vehicle (as in real life) :upside: :unamused:

Now was wondering if i added some white to the Dunkelgrun to help with the faded look or use a modulation ????

cheers Bob

Last edited:

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Bob,
I must say your Stuggel is coming along in leaps and bounds.
If you do move get a metal shed and add a wood interior with insulation (tons of bubble wrap) it worked for me, but without the heating and electrics I can only work in it in the good weather - but that could change.
Cheers,
Mike.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Evening Mike, so far so good:thumb2:

If we move i will be after a study i can ruin!! Hate using the garage, if i open the door in comes everything the elements can throw at me lol . If its closed the light is poor despite lights, arrrgghh

• Sad
Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Bob mate, I feel your pain. I moved in September, turned 59 at the start of October, and developed the symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis at the end of October.....my symptoms are quite similar to yours, feel knackered most days, feel the cold badly, and the mornings are hell until the wrist and finger joints free up....hoping the visit to the Rheumatologist in a couple of weeks gets me on some effective treatment. I’m not moving again though :cool:
I hope your problems improve rapidly though, this stuff can drag you down quite considerably.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Scottie, appreciated :thumb2:

Fingers crossed for you Tim, can appreciate your problems as Julie was diagnosed 14 yrs ago:sad:

I have one last test on Monday which i hope will lead to a diagnosis after nearly a year, if it is ME or chronic fatique syndrom so be it, at least i know