Bob's Tamiya 1/35 Das Reich Hummel. Normandy front (AAGB)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
This getting old is not fun at times is it ?
Let's hope things improve for both of you and Tim .
Since I've started a course of steriods I feel completely different , due no doubt to the fact that I can take in a decent amount of air !

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen

Morning Bob

Hopefully a better day today, though it seems to be starting off cold and wet, so the garage feels like it will be off limits, I feel your frustration in that area.

A bungalow would be our choice too, as Anna has arthritis too, the old thing again!

BUT they are so few and far apart and always at a stiff premium for less floor space!

Can't realistically get another mortgage and don't want to use up all our savings either, down sizing with a little space around a semi detached might be the only option and then expand when we can?

Hope you have better luck, though isn't Cardiff quite a buoyant property market?

Hopefully a better day

Regards

Steve H

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Steve

A bit warmer so had a session in the garage, lovely! Enjoyed the warmth of a coffee after! :thumb2:

There's a lot of bungalows here and if we move we are looking to downsize a bit and hopefully with no spending :rolling:, we have been lucky as we bought our house before the market got very hot so its price has risen about 5 times! Maybe in the near future but as i said after a small bedroom or study i can grab

Since I've started a course of steriods I feel completely different , due no doubt to the fact that I can take in a decent amount of air !
Glad to hear things have improved John, i seem to be falling apart lol

Back to the Hummel

Laid down two thin layers of Tamiya Lacquer dark yellow and it went on so well, looks like its lacquer paint from now on , only issue is the small size of the jars!

Tammy Hummel 2 001.JPG
Tammy Hummel 2 002.JPG
Tammy Hummel 2 003.JPG

Can see some small dust marks but its almost impossible to control dust in the awful garage and i cannot think of a way to control the dust apart from spraying inside a tent in the garage lol

Placed a lamp over the top of it and now have an idea what to do with regards to modulation on Monday (if its cold i have another cunning plan)

Hope it looks ok chaps

cheers Bob

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well it's certainly looking good with that lacquer Bob .

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks John

Impressed with how easy they are too use and spray. Sorted out the cleaning of the airbrush as well.

Reactions: JR

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks great. We used to hang wet sheets around, above, & beneath cars painted in garages back in the day. PaulE

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Scottie

Thinking of ways to fade it now

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Pete

It was one thing which worried me so i asked the chap at the airbrush company. He said just flushing with laquer thinners is not enough, as dried paint builds up causing problems so use liquid reamer, its in a rattle can and sounds like a cure your Doc with give you.

I ran thinner through then sprayed reamer around cup and nozzle, used.a bud soaked in it to finish

Its great, blasts the paint away very quickly

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Thanks Bob, I've used that Liquid Reamer stuff to remove some acrylic residue, and yes, it does work well!
Pete