Bobs Tamiya Valentine, build 1

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice StugG's Bob, oh thats wrong its the Valentine we 're looking at , thats nice as well. May I ask why you didn't do it in the Russian , was it the colour that was scaring you ? :smiling2::smiling2::nerd:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Very nice StugG's Bob, oh thats wrong its the Valentine we 're looking at , thats nice as well. May I ask why you didn't do it in the Russian , was it the colour that was scaring you ? :smiling2::smiling2::nerd:
Well spooted John lol

A certain green brings me out in a sweat almost as bad as the bank statement

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Right back to the Valentine

Finished the turret, added handles and covers etc. All wheels are done
20201211_115052.jpg
20201211_115102.jpg

Leaving hatches open as i will be using the crew figures, just hope they do not look like coco the clown lol.

Not sure if the link and length tracks will come off with the fenders in place, the fenders do carry a fair bit of kit.

Getting there, honest!!

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looking good Bob, built this one myself, the tracks do fit with the track guards above the tracks on, it's a bit tight but do-able. I painted the lower hull wheels etc. before assembling them to the hull with the track guards in place, once weathered I added the fenders front & rear, then put the sand shields on.
It's a bit more of an involved build than most Tamiya kits, but you're getting there with it.:thumb2:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Looking good Bob, built this one myself, the tracks do fit with the track guards above the tracks on, it's a bit tight but do-able. I painted the lower hull wheels etc. before assembling them to the hull with the track guards in place, once weathered I added the fenders front & rear, then put the sand shields on.
It's a bit more of an involved build than most Tamiya kits, but you're getting there with it.:thumb2:
Excellent many thanks Graeme

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
You shouldn’t need to lift the engine deck under fire :smiling3: It was also in several sections, making it easier (not “easy” :smiling3:) to lift.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I have not forgotten old Val

Second coat on the tyres
20210125_124521.jpg

Because of how close the tracks are to the fenders, i am going to paint the lower half first, then tracks. Build up the suspension, add fenders then mask off. Finally paint the top half, phew that should be enough !

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I had the same problem Bob on the A9. I had to end up forcing the tracks in to the front mudguards as it was such a tight fit. Keep up the great work my friend

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Prepare for a shocks, the Valentine is back! Added the link and length tracks, for some reason i have problems with them?
20210305_165100.jpg
20210305_165110.jpg
Now, do I add the fenders and the remaining bits then prime or leave off fenders, mask above, prime tracks etc.