Bobs unofficial GB Calendar

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
the calendar shows an 'Allied Tank GB'...........cant find any thread in the suggestion sub forum.....whats the rules for that one?
That one is not a suggested forum but one of the GB's set by the forum. normal forum GB rules. Box top and sprue pictures and try to build it in the given time.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That one is not a suggested forum but one of the GB's set by the forum. normal forum GB rules. Box top and sprue pictures and try to build it in the given time.

ok, but what constitutes an 'allied tank'.....what time period, what countries are classed as 'allied', what is a 'tank' (ie....does it have to have a turret?)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It would seem that the idea have having the 'forum GB's' as simple and open as they could be is not as simple and open as we thought.
Should I reign them in again to make them totally free from interpretation?
Also I think that this thread is getting a bit off topic. There is a thread for the 'forum GB's'.

D

dubster72

Ian, I think what Paul is referring to is the difficulty in finding the thread relating to the Allied Tanks GB. I've mentioned before this problem because it seemed as though the GB appeared from nowhere.

As Paul said, there's narey a mention of it in any of the subsections dealing with the 2017 GBs. A thread proposing it may well exist, but if it's buried somewhere it's not much use to anybody. If you know where it's hidden, you could post a link so Paul or anyone else can ask any questions?

Also the layout of the 2017 GB section is kinda confusing. As per the screen shot below, it looks as though there are 2 'suggested' sections, when one is actually for approved GBs.
Capture+_2016-12-18-08-24-40.png
Might it not be clearer to re-title ' The 2017 Suggested Group Builds' as just 2017 Member Group Builds? No sniggering at the back! ;)

That way we'd all know which ones are those that have been put forward by forum members & those on the 'official' list (which I'm guessing won't be live until Jan 1st.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Patrick beat me to it! :p

said exactly what i was going to say

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The crux of the matter is that the Suggested GBs are the GB's that you the members suggest and promote to get the required number of participants.
The forum GB calendar was not put to discussion this year. The subjects where picked by me, and approved by Polux as being a bit of something for everybody and with a wide open theme as possible.
So the reason the thread for discussion of the Forum GB's can not be found is because it does not exist.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
i give up!

you just dont understand what we are asking!

D

dubster72

The crux of the matter is that the Suggested GBs are the GB's that you the members suggest and promote to get the required number of participants.
The forum GB calendar was not put to discussion this year. The subjects where picked by me, and approved by Polux as being a bit of something for everybody and with a wide open theme as possible.
So the reason the thread for discussion of the Forum GB's can not be found is because it does not exist.

i give up!

you just dont understand what we are asking!

I think there's a lot of confusion here - I have to admit that I didn't fully get it at first.

With regard to the member suggested GB list Ian, could the word 'suggested' be removed from the title & replaced by 'confirmed'? That way everyone would know those are GBs that have sufficient takers to become live as & when their start date comes around.

With the official Forum GBs, is it possible to open threads for chat purposes? That way Paul can ask his questions about the Tracked Armour GB & as can anyone else. I know this might mean having active threads well before the GB actually starts, but with a large number of member GBs going it might be useful.

P

Polux

With the official Forum GBs, is it possible to open threads for chat purposes? That way Paul can ask his questions about the Tracked Armour GB & as can anyone else. I know this might mean having active threads well before the GB actually starts, but with a large number of member GBs going it might be useful.

I think on each section, Ian opened a first theard where the member can read the "rules", chat or ask questions.
Like that:
http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/welcome-to-the-first-forum-gb-of-2017.27549/

D

dubster72

Hmm but that only covers the Attack Helicopters GB..

No matter, I'll leave it there.