Bofors Guns

N

noobee captain

A friend called the other night to ask if I had heard of a company in Port Glasgow called Alba (?)

He is looking for Bofors guns for his model and had seen the name in a magazine. Does anyone know them or have another source?

Ordinarily I would have asked George .....

U

Uncivil Serpent

Haven't heard of that name, but what scale is your friend looking for?

Fittings could be available from Sirmar, Deans or even Precision Controls, although John there is a little slow but probably the best fittings in 1/24 scale.

Regards

Chris

N

noobee captain

Not sure what scale, it might be for his Battle Class destroyer or another of his current projects. I will see him tomorrow and ask.

James

N

noobee captain

Chris,

currently he is working on a 32nd scale fast patrol boat. The destroyer is 96th scale.

James

U

Uncivil Serpent

In that case, not too sure about 1/32 scale, so I'll come back to that one.

For the 1/96 I suggest he has a word with either Sirmar on 01384 482113. or you could try www.sirmarmodelships.com but I could get through on that just a minute ago. Failing that try Dean's Marine at www.deansmarine.co.uk or call 01733 244166. Either should be able to help.

For 1/32 scale there is a company or gentleman in Devon called Quaycraft, owner is Waylon Smith who might be able to point you in the right direction. Problem with Waylon is I can't find his telephone number, so try calling Fleetscale on 01822 832120. Grovel to Peter or his staff and they may pass on Waylon or even John Smith's telephone number to your friend.

Apologies for not being more helpful at this time, but if you need more help please try me again and I'll see what I can do.

Best regards

Chris

N

noobee captain

Not being helpful ????

Chris, that is more than helpful, you could not be more helpful unless you ordered and paid for them !

Many thanks

James

:gent:

S

standby1st

1:32 can be a big problem. Try Model Dockyard (www.model-dockyard.com to download their catalogue. They advertise a 1:32 Mk 9 40mm Bofors under TMD fittings pt no.SD707 but at £31.02 he may have to wait for Christmas. They also list weaponary under several other scales and generally have a big range of fittings.

S

standby1st

Be very wary of Scoonies online catalogue. It bears only a loose resemblance to actual stock - as they admit!

B

BUD 62

The company you may be thinking about is Accurate Armour, they mainly deal with AFV's