Bomber Command Losses books anyone?

S

snapper41

Hi all;

Does anyone have the Bomber Command Losses books? I'm trying to find out information on a particular Wellington loss. Grateful for any help!

D

dubster72

I don't have them, but which Wimpy are you interested in? Someone might know of it.

Patrick

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Have a look for books written by W R Chorley. He has documented losses in 8 seperate volumes for RAF Bomber Command

S

snapper41

Al - yes, those are the ones; I just wondered if anyone had them so they could look something up for me!

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Sorry i don't have any. I was thinking of getting them as they are really comprehensive

T

tecdes

Snapper I am building a Wellington at the moment & have had some good information via the Lancaster Bomber FOrum. They take an interest in all Bomber Command stuff so they may be able to help or put you in touch .

Lancaster-Archive Forum • Information

Laurie

PS take no notice of forum does not exxist just register & you then get into the forum.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I've got a bit on Bomber Command. I only have the last volume (9) of Chorley's epic work which is the roll of honour listing all the men lost. I've got a few other books which might have something useful (Like Middleton and Everitt's Bomber Command War Diaries). I've also got quite a bit of stuff on the Luftwaffe night fighter force if you are looking for a loss related to that.

There are some useful on line resources,Laurie has already mentioned one above. Here'another one.

Home Page

If you are a bit more specific it would help people know here to look!

Cheers

Steve

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
What info are you after particularly snapper.

I got a book about air crashes in the Zeider Zee area of Holland, contains details of a few Wimpys, if its any help.

Tony.

S

snapper41

Thanks to all who replied; I've now found out what I needed to know.