Boney! Mitches 1/9th Napoleon Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter,
That's another stunner which will look great alongside Blucher, bring on Wellington.
regards Jim

Mike Mortimore

SMF Supporter
First Name
Michael
Hi Peter,
I started to play catch up on this new project of yours and bugger I..... you've finished him. As per usual cracking paint job. You never let us down Peter.

In June at Glasgow University, a record for the largest amount of war gaming figures on a table at any one time is going to be tried. The Conflict Archaeology Department of Glasgow University is organizing the event. Professor Tony Pollard who is in charge of the department. It is to do with the charity ''Waterloo Uncovered'' for veterans/serving service personnel suffering with PTSD.
Wargammers from all over the world have offered to supply and paint figurines for the event......

Cheers Mike :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

• Love
Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
I have followed and admired your figure painting for quite a while now and although every one has been excellent one or two honestly take my breath away. This is one of those. It is up there with the very best.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Many thanks.

Jim - Thanks also. I'm going to wait a bit before doing Wellington.

Mike - Sorry, this was a bit of a quickie. Glad you like him. The Waterloo mega wargame sounds amazing. Tony Pollard has been on TV quite a lot lately - he originally appeared with a young Neil Oliver in the 'Two Men in a Trench' series many years ago.

I remember being overwhelmed by the huge Wateloo diorama that was displayed in the keep at Dover Castle when I was a boy. It was one of two made in the C19th by a Captain Siborne. One is now in the Royal Armouries and the other in the Greenjackets museum.

Jim - Very kind words, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Cracking job as usual Peter.....love the coat colours especially....

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter,
The Waterloo diorama in the Royal Green Jackets museum was constructed in the70's by Valhallla modeling club that was based in Bath and Bristol encompassing the surrounding areas, it was initially shown in Bath where it remained until the early 80's in what was a small shop, it was then moved to the RGJ. museum after the number of Riflemen was increased to better represent the Regiments contribution.
regards Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Mick - Many thanks.

Tim - Cheers also.

Jim - Thanks for that. Quite hard to work out the truth from the info on Google. I just remember loving the original.

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter,
I first saw the RGJ diorama in Bath around 1981 when it was pristene and looked after, I moved to Winchester in 1989 and it appeard in the RGJ museum shortly afterwards and still had the Valhalla clubs labelling, it was then refurbished by the museum with more Riflemen added and interactive lighting. I went to the museum last September prior to moving to Devon and sad to say it will need the Time team crew to get it back to how it should be.
regards Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - That's a shame. Let's hope someone decided to look after it.

Peter - Thanks. I sometimes get into a painting frenzy......

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Superb finish on the "Boney" bust

Just "Nosey" to complete the trio.

Off to the Chiropractor today as the knee is doing well, time to put my back, back to where it should be!

Looks like another good day for a painting "frenzy"

Regards

Steve H

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Great job !
I also saw a great diorama at the Cavalry Museum in Saumur France in 2015, a temporary exhibition at the time , not sure where it is usually ...... Superb museum if you are ever passing, also 5 minutes from the great tank museum !

Attachments

• SAM_0518.JPG
    SAM_0518.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 5
  • SAM_0519.JPG
    SAM_0519.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 5
  • SAM_0494.JPG
    SAM_0494.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 5
  • SAM_0496.JPG
    SAM_0496.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 3
  • SAM_0499.JPG
    SAM_0499.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 3
  • SAM_0500.JPG
    SAM_0500.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 3
  • SAM_0521.JPG
    SAM_0521.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 3
  • SAM_0522.JPG
    SAM_0522.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 2
  • SAM_0524.JPG
    SAM_0524.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 2
  • SAM_0530.JPG
    SAM_0530.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 2
  • SAM_0505.JPG
    SAM_0505.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 2
  • SAM_0511.JPG
    SAM_0511.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 3
  • SAM_0512.JPG
    SAM_0512.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 3
  • SAM_0515.JPG
    SAM_0515.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great job !
I also saw a great diorama at the Cavalry Museum in Saumur France in 2015, a temporary exhibition at the time , not sure where it is usually ...... Superb museum if you are ever passing, also 5 minutes from the great tank museum !

View attachment 329639

Great photos Steve . :thumb2:

Excuse Peter .for that .

Another great addition to your cabinet, is there much room in there .
Time to sell that piano I think :smiling2::smiling2:, but can't see that happening !
John .

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve H - Many thanks. ''Oh, the the thigh bone's connected to the hip bone...''

Steve - That's a pretty amazing diorama. Many thanks for posting the photos.

John - Had a cabinet clear-out (old stuff to the loft) so the piano's safe (for now!).

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Sorry man, you're way too fast, just missed it. Anyway superb painting as expected from you. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

Mike Mortimore

SMF Supporter
First Name
Michael
Ralph - Many thanks.

Jim - Thanks also. I'm going to wait a bit before doing Wellington.

Mike - Sorry, this was a bit of a quickie. Glad you like him. The Waterloo mega wargame sounds amazing. Tony Pollard has been on TV quite a lot lately - he originally appeared with a young Neil Oliver in the 'Two Men in a Trench' series many years ago.

I remember being overwhelmed by the huge Wateloo diorama that was displayed in the keep at Dover Castle when I was a boy. It was one of two made in the C19th by a Captain Siborne. One is now in the Royal Armouries and the other in the Greenjackets museum.

View attachment 329563

Jim - Very kind words, thank you.
Peter,
There is also a very large Waterloo dio in the Army Museum at Chelsea...

Regards Mike :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

D

Deleted member 6559

I'm sorry too Richard - I do try to take it easy. But it's as I always say: ''So many models, so little time.''

One of them must be the Siborne dio Mike!