Books

T

Tim Tim

I'm not taking it easy tonight!

I have been looking at the SAMS www site. In particular, this page:

SAMS WEB SITE

Are there any books here that are outstanding in their ability to convey really useful modelling tips to someone who may not be a complete beginner in ff, but is might as well be in the kind of high quality building and finishing techniques I have in mind to be able to achieve (in time)?

For example, hinges on control surfaces. I have never made such things. I vaguely remember bits of card glued to trailing edges and then bent in the rough of direction that might give lift/turn a circle or whatever!

Advice welcome.

Tim

D

duncan

Of the ones shown Doug McHards` is at least British, slightly dated but very good by a master modeller. The American ones should be a bit more up-to-date but hard going with references to items not always available this side of the pond plus peculiar terms and spelling. Worth a browse before making a choice. The "hinge" things are trim-tabs same as full size practise to induce or correct a turn. Hinges proper are on the control surfaces for R/C and can be as simple as a thin flexible plastic material or sewn thread.