Bovington Tank Museum

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
Lots of reference pics of various tanks etc. I've tried as often as possible to grab the "info", then the vehicle itself.

Day 1 pictures (Friday 17th Septembet 2021) - here.

Day 2 pictures (Saturday 18th September 2021 - here.

Day 2 pics start with a few snaps of weathered vehicles I found in the area. Although not tanks, they make an interesting study, so included too. Hope you find something of interest and/or use. Have fun!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Lots of reference pics of various tanks etc. I've tried as often as possible to grab the "info", then the vehicle itself.

Day 1 pictures (Friday 17th Septembet 2021) - here.

Day 2 pictures (Saturday 18th September 2021 - here.

Day 2 pics start with a few snaps of weathered vehicles I found in the area. Although not tanks, they make an interesting study, so included too. Hope you find something of interest and/or use. Have fun!
HI Dale sorry but cant see your pics as i cant find or remember my goggle password so no good to me which is a pity
ATB chris

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
HI Dale sorry but cant see your pics as i cant find or remember my goggle password so no good to me which is a pity
ATB chris
Hopefully you can get into your account via the "forgotten your password?" link or similar. Best of luck mate.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Dale

Thanks for posting. Had a quick look and it looks like you actually took more than me!

Will have a proper look at the weekend on my laptop.

ATB

Andrew

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
Dale,
Thanks mate some great pictures, there were a couple with some dodgy looking character in but the rest were excellent.
I think he was a dodgy photobomber! Seems to be going around the museums and modelling shows at the moment. If seen, do not approach, feed or give tea, and definitely do not get wet after midnight! :tears-of-joy:

D

Deleted member 5496

Very nice work & a lot of work to put that all together Dale

Great place to look for ideas & effects.

When next there Dale take a look at T E Lawrence's place. Just a stones throw from the Bovington Museum.

The famous Lawrence of Arabia owned & livid in the Cottage.
It is as he livid in it very fascinating.

1632428632634.png

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
Very nice work & a lot of work to put that all together Dale

Great place to look for ideas & effects.

When next there Dale take a look at T E Lawrence's place. Just a stones throw from the Bovington Museum.

The famous Lawrence of Arabia owned & livid in the Cottage.
It is as he livid in it very fascinating.

View attachment 434565
Thanks Laurie. It was easy to click and share on mobile, so no great effort, but nice to see a few people appreciating the pictures. I hope to return as often as possible, but it's around a four hour drive each way for me, so likely just the events in future.
I;ll be sure to look out for this next time I pass that way. Many thanks for the information. All the best.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Great pics Dale ,haven't been out there since tiger day pre covid ,its only 30 minuets on a bad day down the road from me and a entry ticket lasts a year ,dont know why I suppose its just there and well its just there ,many memories as a child all the stuff outside could be climbed on hatches welded shut perhaps too many lost kiddie fingers ,best ones were the ones with floor hatches instant access. One of the interiors was painted silver came out with said paint on cloths got a right belt off of mum.
I think this paint was used to stop it sharding off in the event of a strike on the outside. Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Dale

Thanks for sharing, finally managed to get a proper look on my laptop. Just wish we could have done both days, as it meant we couldn't get to see it.

It was a great day and it certainly looks like you had a great time.

ATB

Andrew