That the colour was off I can get with you on that, but the ammo paints I have tried sprayed like a dream. No clogging, drying on the tip was minimal and the coverage was very good.
I just used them straight out of the bottle. I did add a steel ball and shook the sh... Out of them first.
After the paint had fully cured I gave it a couple of coats of filter to tone down and blend in the camo a bit, then varnished/decaled/varnished, so at that point it looked like this.
The I went at it with a starship filth wash. Hmmmmm, dirty.
After 24 hours most of this was taken off with a brush and cotton buds & odourless thinners, which left it looking like this.
Although that all looks quite dark and dirty, it's eventually going to have a pigment scrub which will lighten it and hopefully leave it looking like dry dust over ingrained dirt. I still have to clean up the top of the hull, so no pic of that yet.
They actually turned out to be a complete bloody nightmare, I had a test fit of them yesterday and loads of the track pins broke in the middle. I ended up gluing them all together, so the track are probably no longer workable, not that its a problem once it's on its base.
Edited to add: Speaking of the base, that's almost ready to go.
This model is of a Gepard tested in Cyprus, so it's less deserty and more hard packed rock and dust.
Cheers Ian. The base is covered in various grades of ballast that I got from Hobbycraft when my daughter and I were making her Ancient Egypt dio. The rocks are stones from the garden that I broke up in my bench vice.
I have found the same problem with Ammo paints and found that you needed to apply a lot of it to get an even coverage. The pigments did't seem to blend with carrier. Had the same problem with AK Nato brown being very pinky.