Bowcat's Airfix Harrier GR9 - Part Deux

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Bob, a great build. I'm late into this build but needed the inspiration after having a hard time with my Kinetic F-18. Good to see it go smoothly and the office looks good with resin.

At best you're now on primer and first coat. The new Airfix kit looks like a good fit too. This is good mojo for me to continue fighting with the F-18.

Cheers,
Richard

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers guys. :smiling3:

After priming I only had a couple of small areas of seam that needed sorting. A dab of Mr Surfacer 500 and a sand back took care of them.

After touching up the sanded areas with primer I got the first of the three Grey's down. Kinda wished I'd used a different colour of primer as it was hard to differentiate the shades.

I'm letting it cure overnight then will get it masked up for the next slightly darker grey.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Lovely crisp finish to the paint, looking great...

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Evening all. :smiling3:

I've been busy for the last couple of weeks but have managed to get this glossed, decalled and glossed again.

Tonight I applied a pin wash and some streaking. I'm probably going to leave the weathering there as I am conscious it's likely to be very easy to overdo it in this scale.

IMG_20190701_194409.jpgIMG_20190701_194424.jpg