SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Excellent work Bob. Lots of ideas for when i build mine

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice work on the Hurri so far. The details look great - looking forward to the progress once the harness arrives.

Cheers
Paul

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers Paul. :smiling3:

Still no response from RB so look like I am going to have to rasise a PayPal dispute and see what alternatives are out there for the harness. :sad:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I bought a couple of Luftwaffe harnesses from RB early in the year for the big Heinkel and they took a while to arrive.

Unfortunately, I don't have a complete Sutton, just the remnants of one I've butchered (twice!), or I'd let you have it.

RB is usually pretty good, I've had many harnesses and a few razor saw blades from him, so it's strange that you've had no response.

Hopefully you can get this resolved.

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Bob, I think you'll find that they have not been dispatching orders due to Covid and the Polish postal service was only dealing with internal mail, the reason I say this is that all my go to ebay sellers in Poland have been closed to external ordering. regards Jim

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Jim.

Going by their website there was a delay due to Covid, but they had re-opened, and they appear to be in S Ireland rather than Poland. However, I have had no response from them depsite numerous emails and messages via their website, and their phone number is dead, so I'm not actually sure they are currently trading??

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Bob bear with me I'll get back to you in a couple of minutes. regards Jim

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Jim.

Going by their website there was a delay due to Covid, but they had re-opened, and they appear to be in S Ireland rather than Poland. However, I have had no response from them depsite numerous emails and messages via their website, and their phone number is dead, so I'm not actually sure they are currently trading??

I can confirm that all the stuff I have had has come from Ireland (Republic).

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Bob here's their address
RB Model
Powstańców Wlkp. 29B
64-360 Zbąszyń
Poland
e-mail: rbmodel@rbmodel.com
tel/fax: +48 (68) 38 68 606 regards Jim

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Bob my apologies there appears to be a number of RB models and on checking the website of the company I gave it doesn't sell scale harnesses, so I can't offer any more Jim

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers Jim, it's RB Productions in County Kildare, Eire, so a different commpany by the looks of things. And thanks for the link, I'd actually ordered a harness from Hannants earlier. :smiling3:

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Morning Chaps. :smiling3:

Finally back under way with this build. Never did receive the Sutton harness from RB (in fact PayPal reclaim now started) so I got a HGW set instead. This has now been installed in the seat, and the seat in the cockpit.

MVIMG_20200820_143032.jpgMVIMG_20200820_143043.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Good to see your off building again. Those belts are a very nice addition.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Morning guys,

I've finished painting, detailing and weathering the cockpit, seat and framework. I decided to do the seat and frame in bare aluminium to give some contrast against the side walls.

View attachment 393485View attachment 393486View attachment 393487View attachment 393488View attachment 393489

The metal paint look really rough in the pics, but I think it's just the flakes in the paint, it's all smooth to the touch. :smiling3:

I'm now at a point I can't go any further. I decided to order some fabric harnesses from RB Productions but I'm not sure when they will arrive (despite 3 emails, all of which have been unanswered!) so I will just have to wait before installing the harness on the seat, the seat to the frame and the frame to the fuselage.

Nice work so far Bob, but you missed the slot for reverse gear on the gear changer - unless it's a three-speed box of course! And I didn't realise that Hurricanes were left-hand drive!