Brécourt Manor

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Thank you all.

Excellent modeling/gardening. Need to dull the sandbags a bit maybe. I think you might move the gun back some so the recoil spades can dig into the soil/rock to prevent the recoil knocking the gun off register. Maybe aiming stakes out in front of the gun so can sight from zero ref. Just some thoughts w/PM cuppa. PaulE
Yeah all due a matt coat when I finish tinkering. I was wondering about the ranging posts, from what I understand they would be way out in front of the gun? 50m or so, rather than just in front? So my thoughts were that they were just 'out of the way.' I also didn't want them strapped to the side of the legs as per every other artillery model, as from what I have read, that wouldn't be particularly accurate either (they would be in a case or wrapped in canvas).

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Just caught up with this one Jack! Just finished watching Band of Brothers (again!) the other day, amazing series and to see this as a miniature is even more amazing, fantastic work!

Lee

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Jack, sorry about the interview. Just got back in to check out what you've done so far. Love the groundwork. :thumb2: I was looking at the sandbags, I used to use a piece of linen and prodded the bags to make an imprint of cloth texture while the putty was still soft. The trick with putty sand bags is to work them in square blocks, tease the ends with a pencil to create the tied ends, with a scalpel dig in for the sewn edges and then work with the linen to avoid over flattening the bags.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Thanks @Lee W

Thanks Richard, it's all good. Thank you so much. I tried the tie on the sandbags but could not get it right, and after watching a couple of youtube videos decided the 'square' version looked convincing enough for me. I'll have to have a practice for future. Great tip for the texture!!! Never gave that a thought, beyond scribing in a seam!

Hope you are back to 100%?

Progress has been slow I am ashamed to say...Working on the figures, but getting frustrated with the faces. Seem to have forgotten how to do them completely.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi jack

just caught up on this and love what you've done so far a top, top job. Very well done indeed.

Andrew

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Thanks Andrew! Much appreciated.

Actually got some decent bench time this afternoon and managed the first two figures. Also done some of the accessory work. Everything still a bit shiny, it will all have a matt coat, but I will wait to do it in bulk towards the end of the build. C&C welcome as ever.

IMG_2282.JPG

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 17.14.11.png
IMG_2280.JPG
IMG_2279.JPG

D

Deleted member 6559

Very nicely painted figures Jack. It's all coming along splendidly.

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Very nicely painted figures Jack. It's all coming along splendidly.
Thanks Peter. Another couple to add to the collection: Might be some more touching up to do looking at the zoomed in versions.
Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 14.25.55.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-09 at 14.25.38.png

D

Deleted member 4539

Brilliant modelling Jack :smiling3:.
Can't wait for the finish.

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Figures are pretty much there. Will walk away from them for a bit, and then come back and have a look for any touch ups, add a little weathering to them, and give a matt varnish. While they are in the varnish shop, I will go over and touch up a few bits of the base that need attention. Then the sky, or rather my patience, is the limit. How many bread bags, shovels, water bottles, backpacks, tarps, ponchos and mess cans can I be bothered to paint up...TBC
IMG_2340 2.JPGIMG_2342.JPGIMG_2343.JPGIMG_2344.JPGIMG_2345.JPGIMG_2346.JPG

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jack
Better and better. Love the little details and the figures are great.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Looking very nice indeed Jack. Lots to look at and all beautifully painted.

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Thanks all, more to come I hope.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Outstanding Jack. Lots going on and yet still more to come. Well done that man! :smiling2: :thumb2: :cool: