Brécourt Manor

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Thanks for all the support! Thanks Alun, if your profile picture is anything to go by, I guess that's not a good thing!!

Spent a few hours sculpting sandbags with the rugby on in the background. Also done some ground work and some pointing around the floorboards. Starting to look better.
IMG_2124.JPG

I am after ideas now...This is going to be a radio/command trench, as per the pics below. Now do I fix the roof (only loosely dry-fitted in the pic), add the earth on top and then prime the whole lot, probably struggling to paint the inside, or do I roughly paint the inside while it's open, then mask, add the roof and blend the earth into the surroundings and paint/landscape the rest? I'm not convinced having it removable will work.

IMG_2125.JPGScreen Shot 2020-08-03 at 13.20.21.png

Attachments

• Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 5

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Completely missed this up till now!!
great idea for a dio....coming along nicely

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Unless you pile on the grass & bushes the seams of a removable top are hard to hide. A fixed roof would necessitate painting interior first. This is what I've found anyway. PaulE

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice update Jack. Know nothing of dios but all seems to be heading in the right direction

D

Deleted member 6559

Great work jack. I'd paint the interior of the roof and fix it. It would be nice to have as removable, but how often would you actually want to do that after it's finished.?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
All looking good Jack. Nice steady progress.
I agree with other members.
Completely finish the interior, then add and blend in the roof.

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Not too much to report. Blocked in some colour across the base, and added some 'soil' in relevant places.

Started work on detailing the radio trench. Thanks to @John Race for the advice on the corrugated iron retainers, pretty pleased with the result.
IMG_2133.JPG

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Jack, that looks really good. I like the loose bits of grass on the boards. Such detail really brings a diorama to life.

Top job!

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Terrific work on both counts Jack.
Thank you Peter.
Jack, that looks really good. I like the loose bits of grass on the boards. Such detail really brings a diorama to life.

Top job!
The loose grass is actually just overspill that's not been cleaned up yet...I was going to add some Vallejo "Mud and Grass" affect or whatever it's called, but maybe a bit of both?

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
I am trying my best to be patient, and let the various things dry properly etc, so not a huge amount of picture worthy progress to update with, but the radio dugout is more or less done.IMG_2152.JPGIMG_2153.JPG
Yep just spotted the Jerry can needs a touch up under the handle. You might see on the right of the top pic, I tried to make a headset for the radio, but couldn't get it looking right. Very stark colours with the camera flash, but need to touch up where that grey is showing. Got the concept for the cam net sorted, but that will need to be last. Really should get on with the figures, and painting the fiddly accessories, but that's not very appealing to me at the moment.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great stuff, Jack. That even looks like a map of the Normandy coastline!

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Great stuff, Jack. That even looks like a map of the Normandy coastline!
Technically Omaha...but it works for me. The indistinguishable one on top is inland map of Utah.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
A couple of nice additions for sure.

Walked along Omaha Beach. A sobering experience seeing first hand just what the lads had to cope with.......

I followed a map of inland Utah when I traced the route of the 101st and the 82nd US. Airborne. Very moving it was too.

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
A couple of nice additions for sure.

Walked along Omaha Beach. A sobering experience seeing first hand just what the lads had to cope with.......

I followed a map of inland Utah when I traced the route of the 101st and the 82nd US. Airborne. Very moving it was too.
Very much on the to do list to visit Normandy one day.