Brécourt Manor

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Jack,
Apologies mate I had completely missed this up till now. Just had a catch up from the beginning great idea and nicely done.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Jack both projects look good ! .
Glad to be of some help, that corrugated has turned out well .

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Jack,
Apologies mate I had completely missed this up till now. Just had a catch up from the beginning great idea and nicely done.
No rush Paul...a way to go yet. Still to figure out a tree, and then get some of the actual plastic into an acceptable format.

Thanks John, invaluable help...it looks better in natural light, but very happy with it.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jack
You've gotta be pleased with how this is going. Lots of interest and nicely balanced. Radio room is great and the groundwork looks natural.
Jim
Barn is coming on a treat.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great work Jack. The dio is coming on really nicely.
The gun and MG will look terrific in their new home and the radio bunker is a good idea. Fire control of the guns would have been a necessity.
Cheers
P

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
An hour to spare whilst Dad's removing tiles (no bank holiday weekends in this household apparently)...was hoping to get the gun painted, but a seriously miss-behaving airbrush means I have only just managed to get the base colour down after priming it black yesterday. Thankfully all the splutters of paint all occurred away from the model or as I was painting the underside. Unfortunately the worst splutter was while misting with MLT, will have a look later to see if anything has run, but it might be repairable without a complete strip down. Will soak the airbrush internals while we get this window in and come back for the green pattern later today.
IMG_2159.jpg

The interview I had scheduled next week has unfortunately been cancelled, as they have decided to appoint internally, despite a lot of preparation time going into it, but on the flip side that means more bench time.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry to read about the interview Jack, just assume it wasn't to be, so enjoy the extra bench time.
Now about Bank Holidays, I agree with your Dad, I never took them , most self employed don't.

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Sorry to read about the interview Jack, just assume it wasn't to be, so enjoy the extra bench time.
Now about Bank Holidays, I agree with your Dad, I never took them , most self employed don't.
Thanks John. Agree, what will be will be.

Having worked in Sport for 10 years, there were very few bank holidays there either! Thought unemployment might finally gift me that luxury! How wrong I was... :smiling5:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
The cannon is taking shape nicely, Jack.
Tough about the interview. Something will come along - and probably better.

John is quite right re. self employed and Bank Holidays. Never took them either. Bank Hols. off = no money. Off sick = no money. Never knew a steady wage.

My only rule was. If other trades were not expecting me to finish a fix, I never worked at w/ends. "Surf's up, Dude!"

I worked like that for 50 years or so. Don't regret it one bit, it was a laugh a minute and I met some great people too!

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Sorry about the interview. I had several rejections I thought were a good fit before I landed a dream job.

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Just catching up on this Jack....looking the Bomb! Hope you get the A/B back in action soon.
Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Hope the issues with the wet stuff are short lived. Fingers and toes crossed for a job for you real soon.

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Starting to work on the little details...Airbrush firing again so all good there. Progressing with the gun bit by bit. Nothing fixed yet...so please feel free with the 'gunners wouldn't have that there' observations, although if I were to re-make it I would have the space a little bigger.
IMG_2181.JPG

IMG_2182.JPG

IMG_2183.JPG

D

Deleted member 6559

You're working along at a cracking pace Jack, and producing wonderful work.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Excellent modeling/gardening. Need to dull the sandbags a bit maybe. I think you might move the gun back some so the recoil spades can dig into the soil/rock to prevent the recoil knocking the gun off register. Maybe aiming stakes out in front of the gun so can sight from zero ref. Just some thoughts w/PM cuppa. PaulE

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
First class build and coming together nicely Jack.