Brad9826's WWI Memorial GB: Intro and chat.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hello all and Welcome to this GB. As many of the participants in this are new members, let me just run over the basic rules of the GB's
  1. You may not start building until the start date.
  2. The thread is it include your name, the subject and scale.
  3. The opening thread in Your build thread should include pictures of the box top, The sprues and any extras that you will be using. Scratch build subjects are naturally excused.
  4. All GB's are for non-started kits. (exceptions being stated in the OP's original suggestion).
As you can see not many rules, (as per the rest of the forum. However.. (here it comes you all groan). The build posts are not for general chit-chat. If you want to talk about what your cats mothers maiden name was: Top right og the screen "Inbox<start a conversation>
As per the rest of the forum it is generally not considered "playing the game" posting pictures of your build(s) in another members thread. (You can post a comment with a link to your build you wish show to OP)

So I will pass this off to Brad very soon and he can introduce all those taking part. Just remember it is all for fun and I hope to see everybody play nice together! LOL.
PS the original thread suggesting the build will be closed soon, If you wish to join in this GB, no need to ask, just start a thread and get in.

B

Brad9826

Hello,
Monika, Peter G, Scottie3158, Dave W, Tim M, PrivatePete, Wouter, Fernando N, Papa695, Evan J, Sqn Ldr J. Race, Lee D, Peter D, Brad9826, Colin M - Graham, SteveH ,Steven rtfoe, Si B, Richard, SimonT. , welcome to the WW1 Anniversary GB, and thanks for taking part, I look forward to your contributions:thumb2::thumb2:.
(Apologies if I have missed anyone)
I think Ian has highlighted the major guidelines, if unsure ask.
Thanks Ian for setting up.

All genres accepted.
Start the GB July 28th so you can accumulate your building materials, and end it November 11th .
Thank you

E

Evan James

Super! Good solid rules and etiquette too,
Thanks Ian and Brad, I'm really looking forward to this.
ev

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Dont forget that you can chat (on topic) in THIS thread, but I would advise against "giving the game away".
Also you can open your build thread as soon as you like but NO building until the start date.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Ian/Brad

Have I missed out or can I still join the group build at the end of July? Pretty please:disappointed:

Steve

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
im off to a show in a few weeks, if i can pick up something suitable that interests me i shall join in

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Good to have the dates firmed up.
OK, I've some ideas, it may be unusual for me, but I think I have to put some figures in this, so I have a couple of months to practice my face painting skills. ( Poor at the moment! )
Dave

Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
With the Shadowbox - combi I think I have proven to mysself I can do "complex" - I'll be aiming for something slightly easier :smiling:
We are allowed to do all parties involved - right? - I think I am going to do a Hun one....

F

Fenlander

I have an idea for a couple of busts that may be a bit different unless someone else gets the same idea but that doesn’t matter :smiling3:

B

Brad9826

Ian/Brad

Have I missed out or can I still join the group build at the end of July? Pretty please:disappointed:

Steve
Steve you can still join in, Ian say's this-''f you wish to join in this GB, no need to ask, just start a thread and get in'' - do I take it is ok. just show us your box art and sprues around the 28h then feel free when you can, glad to have you along.:smiling::thumb2:

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Brad9826

I have an idea for a couple of busts that may be a bit different unless someone else gets the same idea but that doesn’t matter :smiling3:
That does't matter buddy it's the sentiment behind the interpretation. Go for it.:thumb2::thumb2:

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Ian and Brad, thanks for starting this GB and great to have the dates set.:thumb2:
I'll trow in some bi-planes, just have to look in the stash and I'll let you all know what I intend to build.

Fernando

B

Brad9826

With the Shadowbox - combi I think I have proven to mysself I can do "complex" - I'll be aiming for something slightly easier :smiling:
We are allowed to do all parties involved - right? - I think I am going to do a Hun one....
Yep all parties allowed, it's not just an allied thing. Land sea air, civvies in the ammo factories etc:thumb2::thumb2:

B

Brad9826

Ian and Brad, thanks for starting this GB and great to have the dates set.:thumb2:
I'll trow in some bi-planes, just have to look in the stash and I'll let you all know what I intend to build.

Fernando
Wingy good... Zeppelins allowed also..:thumb2::thumb2:

B

Brad9826

Good to have the dates firmed up.
OK, I've some ideas, it may be unusual for me, but I think I have to put some figures in this, so I have a couple of months to practice my face painting skills. ( Poor at the moment! )
Dave
Dave, I'm in the same boat as you, I'm jut so bad at everything, but hey ho at least I'll try. Good luck buddy.:thumb2::thumb2::smiling:

Reactions: JR
B

Brad9826

Well done to all l look forward to your builds, and I'm sure Ian and the mods will keep us on track. :cool::cool::thumb2::thumb2:

Thanks Ian