Brad9826's WWI Memorial GB: Intro and chat.

B

Brad9826

Well done and good for you Paul , best of luck on your adventure.:thumb2::thumb2:

B

Brad9826

Well all, its around a couple of hours till it's over the top and into the WW1 Anniversary GB,
Thanks to all participating and those who will offer support etc.
So here's just a small timeline for the start of. ''The War to end all Wars''
I wish you all a great build and look forward to seeing the results, I'm sure you'll do it justice, so await the whistle.....

Regards
Brad

June 28, 1914 - Archduke Franz Ferdinand, heir to the Austrian throne, and his wife, visit Sarajevo in Bosnia. A bomb is thrown at their auto but misses. Undaunted, they continue their visit only to be shot and killed a short time later by a lone assassin. Believing the assassin to be a Serbian nationalist, the Austrians target their anger toward Serbia.

July 23, 1914 - Austria-Hungary, with the backing of Germany, delivers an ultimatum to Serbia. The Serbs propose arbitration as a way to resolve dispute, but also begin mobilization of their troops.

July 25, 1914 - Austria-Hungary severs diplomatic ties with Serbia and begins to mobilize its troops.

July 26, 1914 - Britain attempts to organize a political conference among the major European powers to resolve the dispute between Austria-Hungary and Serbia. France and Italy agree to participate. Russia then agrees, but Germany refuses.

July 28, 1914 - The Austro-Hungarian Empire declares war on Serbia.

July 29, 1914 - Britain calls for international mediation to resolve the worsening crisis. Russia urges German restraint, but the Russians begin partial troop mobilization as a precaution. The Germans then warn Russia on its mobilization and begin to mobilize themselves.

July 30, 1914 - Austrian warships bombard Belgrade, capital of Serbia.

July 31, 1914 - Reacting to the Austrian attack on Serbia, Russia begins full mobilization of its troops. Germany demands that it stop.

August 1, 1914 - Germany declares war on Russia. France and Belgium begin full mobilization.

August 3, 1914 - Germany declares war on France, and invades neutral Belgium. Britain then sends an ultimatum, rejected by the Germans, to withdraw from Belgium.

August 4, 1914 - Great Britain declares war on Germany. The declaration is binding on all Dominions within the British Empire including Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India and South Africa.
(source Wikipedia)

B

Brad9826

over-the-top.jpg
LIBRARY & ARCHIVES CANADA
“no copyright infringement is intended”

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
This was going to be my contribution to this G.B.
P1200570.JPG

What a disappointment! I won't waste my time taking a picture of the sprues. The gun sprue contains just 12 pieces. The dog wouldn't even bother trying to chew the three awful figures!
Suffice to write, its back to the drawing board I go......

Ron

B

Brad9826

Lol.. I found the mk 4 by ehmar disappointing also, that's why reconsidering, will keep the mb figures though... Dave W has thrown a few options to look at , off to scour evil b.ay

Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Sticking to the artillery vein.

9yXDvxf.jpg

It did cost a pretty penny but details look crisp - now observe carefully as I will completely bodge it releasing it from the spurs :rolling:

8hs1UOy.jpg

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hi guys

Here is my contribution to this GB - sculpting a bust of TE Lawrence.

A moment ft madness, the Hardy VC bust took a number of versions of heads to get near right so I must be a glutton for punishment trying a portrait bust so soon. I think I will opt for a combination of Arab headress over a military jacket, but first I have to get the head right.F32169B0-F136-4A12-B5C6-A577DE55FBC2.png

B

Brad9826

Paul I look forward to your challenge result. Well done and good luck.:thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Peter, that is an iconic image if I ever saw one, great choice of subject that I’m sure you’ll do justice...

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Afternoon all,
Steven, nice looking resin kit.:thumb2:
Paul, good luck with the rigging:smiling:, Ushi van der Rosten has the best wire IMHO, Ammo has the same wire in smaller packs if you aren't going to use it much:smiling4:: https://www.migjimenez.com/en/busca...esc&search_query=rigging&submit_search=Search
Peter, excellent choice indeed, looking forward to it develop.:thumb2:

I'll add these two to the mix:
20180722_140023_resized.jpg
20180722_140032_resized.jpg
The Logenze decals are the challenge for me to tackle, if all goes swiftly I have some more in the stash to add.
This GB is a great way to get those built up.:smiling:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
While doing some research for my WWI build I came across this wonderful site about the 5 and 3 colour camo scheme for US equipment. If it isnt any help it is certainly a good read.

HERE

First Name
Andrew
I will try to join in this one. Life is still very complicated and we are hopefully moving back home on Thursday, so lots of unpacking! The flood was 5 months ago.
I have a new trench section which features WW1 mining. I will post when I can, but am too busy at the moment.
Andy B