Braided Airbrush Hose

C

Cooperman69

At the moment I'm using the spiralled vinyl hose that came with my Sparmax compressor and while this works perfectly well supplying air I do find it gets annoyingly caught on the edge of the table and generally gets in the way at the most inopportune moments!

I'm looking at the braided type of hoses available, and one in particular - the Iwata 3m hose, and am I right in thinking they are a lot more flexible than the standard vinyl items?

Also being that the new hose would be straight could I suffer from pulsing from the compressor which the coiled hose soaks up?

Not that I have a problem at the moment but does the braided hose insulate more against humidity and moisture?

Thanks,

Colin.

D

dubster72

Hi Colin,

Having never used a vinyl hose I can't compare, but I can say the £4 braided hose I have doesn't cause any of the problems you describe.

I never have pulsing or any moisture problems so I'd say go for a braided one.

Cheers

Patrick

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
And with a braided hose, you will notice the lack of resistance as well. Much better that the stiff Vinyl hoses.

Ian M

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
The pulsing is caused by your compressor you can stop it by getting one with a receiver tank like the AS189 but the braided hoses are very flexible and won't contribute to pulsing, and no moisture will happen no matter which you have, again it's down to your compressor, a moisture trap will help you, if your compressor doesn't already have one.

T

tecdes

Only used a braided hose Colin. The braid is to protect the inner hose line from chaffing. Doubt very much if the braid gives any insulation as it is so thin. But the braid hose is very flexible & does not get in the way.

3m is a good length mine is about 1.5 but they say that the length of the hose helps even out any uneven air pressure. Not had any problems with pulsing & I have two compressors. One with a tank one without. I use the one without a tank as I found it to be better. You can easily check on the pressure reliability by studying the gauge while the compressor is on. Should be as steady as a rock without quivering.

Suspect your compressor has a water moisture trap as John has alluded to. If not get a hose with a water trap in line in the hose.

Laurie

D

dubster72

\ said:
Suspect your compressor has a water moisture trap as John has alluded to. If not get a hose with a water trap in line in the hose.

Laurie
Not sure I'd go for that Laurie! A much better solution to a compressor without a moisture trap is to get ones that screws into the bottom of your airbrush. It makes for a better grip too!

T

tecdes

Yes that is another way Patrick & neat.

I went for the in line as I did not want clutter on the brush. Also looked at the trigger things but again I go for simple solutions.

The other thing is that I have two brushes & that would mean another £10 or £12 outlay.

Interesting as I do have a water trap on the compressor & have never had any water in the inline trap. Life can be so complicated at times !

Laurie

D

dubster72

Well I have 2 brushes myself & the moisture trap is screwed onto which one I'm using. Having said that, I've never found any moisture in it & very little in the one on my compressor!

C

Cooperman69

Thanks for the replies chaps, looks like you'll be getting an order later for a hose then John :smiling3:

Atb,

Colin.