BRDM-2, 1/35 scale, Yugoslav People's Army

MAK2020

SMF Supporter
First Name
MAK2020
Vehicle represent BRDM - 2, with 10945 JNA tactical number, as part of JNA Maribor Corps reconnaissance unit (or military police?), seen during 10 day war in Slovenia, and in actions shortly before the war in Pekre settlement near Maribor City. As part of armoured/mechanized unit that is send to Dravograd border crossing, this vehicle was allegedly captured by slovenian ''Teritorial defense''.

Basic kit Zvezda, 1/35, out of the box, without extra finishing - adaptions to real looked vehicle. For this money fair enough, but, without many adaptions - not real looked. Maybe once i restore it, move away pinmarks from tires etc.

Yes, on beginning of war, yugoslav vehicles looked like new, like that they going on parade.

uojrtM.jpg
nkD7W9.jpg
1ZxNIv.jpg
zt4Ud9.jpg
7OEvYL.jpg
7TD7qV.jpg
5mA184.jpg
2duTg1.jpg
Hpo27D.jpg
AtyoSW.jpg
EpoHm2.jpg
CXrMxv.jpg
IM36LR.jpg
kIpjtp.jpg
eytgKH.jpg
4LakDR.jpg
b8erm3.jpg
ngQX5A.jpg

Last edited:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hello "MAK",
That`s a very nice clean build,and the paintwork looks smooth too :thumb2: ,
I like the overall look of these wagons,very "Solid":cool: ,
If i may say though,i think it could benefit from a subtle dusting,especially the tyres..... just my thoughts of course.... it`s still a lovely looking model mate!
Andy

MAK2020

SMF Supporter
First Name
MAK2020
Thnx on watching and commenting. On real vehicle in conditions i mentionted - tires were black as Night. Because of that, i mentioned that on beggining of war .... as from parade.
Of course any comment is welcome :smiling3:

Regards!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The Committee took one look at the photos of the build and with have awarded the.

2020DB.jpg

Very nice and interesting build Mak.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
No problem mate :thumb2: ,
As i said.... you`ve made a lovely job of it!
Andy

MAK2020

SMF Supporter
First Name
MAK2020
:smiling3: i am not from here .... the dog's?

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Mak, when something is very good, neat or well built, we often say that's the Dogs Dangle's or bollocks ! In my case I just show the photo .It comes from a sealant tube.

A little more ..

MEANING AND POSSIBLE ORIGIN OF ‘THE (DOG’S) BOLLOCKS’
Pascal Trégueretymology, United Kingdom & Irelanddictionaries, dogs, military, newspapers & magazines, phrases, slang, theatre
The British-English slang phrase the dog’s bollocks, also the bollocks, means the very best, the acme of excellence.
(Remark: I have presented the origin of American-English synonyms such as the bee’s knees and the frog’s eyebrows in “the cat’s whiskers”, and all that jazz.)
The Oxford English Dictionary (3rd edition – 2008) says that the bollocks is a shortening of the dog’s bollocks. However, since the latter phrase is attested in 1986, and the former in 1981, it is also possible that the bollocks actually predates the dog’s bollocks as a superlative.

POSSIBLE ORIGIN

The origin of this use of the dog’s bollocks/the bollocks is obscure. However, an explanation was given in Volume 1: A – I of The New Partridge1 Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English (Routledge, 2006), by Tom Dalzell and Terry Victor:
dog’s bollocks; dog’s ballocks; the bollocks noun
anything considered to be the finest, the most excellent, the best UK, 1989
Derived from the phrase ‘It sticks out like a dog’s ballocks2 said of something that the speaker considers obvious, hence the sense of ‘someone or something that sticks out from the rest’.
The same edition mentioned the use of dog’s ballocks in a different sense:
dog’s ballocks noun

Reactions: PJR