brean help now recived

A

artic-corsair

i have now got the contact details for brean sands ( i take it from the response nobody here goes to this event?).

i'm still going to take a plane for some flying and a boat for some relaxed boating .

A

adzam

AC could you maybe share the details as i`m not aware of this event

Cheers

Adz..

B

BigJBB

Geography

Hello all, by my reckoning Brean is in Somerset on the coast just South of Weston-super-mare. Might be good to see the shipping in the Bristol Channel if this is the place. Still it is a bit of a long way for us Scots to go to. Espaecially if convincing the wife that a week's holiday in a static caraven is a great idea!

Cheers

Jim

A

artic-corsair

breans sands model makers week is from 22nd sept to 29th sept at drean sands near burnham on sea /weston super mare , boats / trains /cars are based at pontins holiday park , there is flying from the beach and from the flying site behind the holiday park and at the site at the far end of the resort for planes and heli's , and electric flying in the caravan park next to pontins (evenings only ) the week is fully booked but i managed to get four nights in an appartment ( monday to friday) ( £120 for the week based on two shareing ,selfcatering), (http://www.breanmodelfestival.com) . artic-corsair

T

thundertim

From what ive been told by my girlfriend who originally comes from Bristol,Brean is very much like Weston super mare as it has a very deep beach front (also why W.S.M is popular for the beach racing)..i think itll be popular for the car racers,so might give it a go .Tim

T

thundertim

ps..according to the festival news,its from the 2nd sept to the 9th sept.Tim

N

novagsi

Pontins model makers week 2008.

\ said:
i have now got the contact details for brean sands ( i take it from the response nobody here goes to this event?).i'm still going to take a plane for some flying and a boat for some relaxed boating .
Hello, sorry for late reply by acouple of years. This years event (2008) went ahead, however the numbers had severly dropped off as we were the only modellers there. But we enjoyed the pool to ourseleves with the boats and the night club for indoor flying until the last day when i discovered another modeller there by chance, also flying.

To sum up its moved to unity farm next door as pontins were not interested in hosting the event any more, but we had an enjoyable week despite being the sole represcentative for the hobby.

Photo included for a view of the total number of boats attended.

B

Bunkerbarge

Maybe a bit of publicity would help.

Can you give us details of the event next year and we can put it in the calendar here and on the Modelboatmayhem forum calendar.

Tell us a bit more about it, where it is, how long, facilities etc...etc.. to generate a bit of interest.