Bristol Freighter 1/72 by FLY : Jersey Airport Diorama.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Laurie, Where do you find these unusual "birds".........I'm not sure how to take Colin's remark regarding his experience with Fly kits:thinking: Was it good or bad?........yes. Have fun with this, I'll drop by after you have made a bit of progress. Rick H. Merry Christmas!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Laurie

That's a nice looking kit. I'm assuming from the quality that this is a relatively new moulding?

ATB.

Andrew

D

Deleted member 5496

Looks a nice little kit Laurie, and a nice start on the wings.
Thanks much appreciated Ian

Meticulous bit of wing building there Laurie.........I'm looking on with interest. Rick H. :thumb2:
Thanks Rick.

looking good
Great to be back "sticking" again Steve.

Laurie That's a nice looking kit. I'm assuming from the quality that this is a relatively new moulding? ATB. Andrew
Huh the only info on box is that you have to be over 14. Just creep in there.

However, according to ScaleMates, new tool 2020. Looking at the history of the Freighter Airfix were marketing this fellow. Suspect Fly bought it & rre tooled. So far a nice kit.

Thanks all very nice of you to comment.

History day. Pauline & I (in Jersey British Isles) off in an hour for first Covid 19 vaccination.

Laurie

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks much appreciated Ian

Thanks Rick.

Great to be back "sticking" again Steve.

Huh the only info on box is that you have to be over 14. Just creep in there.

However, according to ScaleMates, new tool 2020. Looking at the history of the Freighter Airfix were marketing this fellow. Suspect Fly bought it & rre tooled. So far a nice kit.

Thanks all very nice of you to comment.

History day. Pauline & I (in Jersey British Isles) off in an hour for first Covid 19 vaccination.

Laurie
Thanks. Good to hear your getting the vaccine too she your you're fully recovered from your hospital stay.

ATB.

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Laurie, it's a roll of the dice getting the flimsy resin parts separated from a giant solid blob of a base...........for this reason I generally avoid resin kits if possible. Good luck with this and hopefully you will have better results as you go. Rick H.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Good work on this Laurie. Can’t help with the resin ring though. My only suggestion is a finer saw so it puts less stress on the part....

D

Deleted member 5496

Hi Laurie, it's a roll of the dice getting the flimsy resin parts separated from a giant solid blob of a base...........for this reason I generally avoid resin kits if possible. Good luck with this and hopefully you will have better results as you go. Rick H.
Thanks Rick. Actually the resin came with the kit so no option. Agree I avoid resin add ons nothing but a pain never look the part poor finish (mostly).
Laurie
Good work on this Laurie. Can’t help with the resin ring though. My only suggestion is a finer saw so it puts less stress on the part....
Thanks Tim. So difficult to hold this part as it is tound & so small. Get my wife to do it I think. :hungry:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Have you tried blue tacking it to the bench? It won’t hold it rigid, but will help support while you saw. You will have to remove the part, turn it, and stick it back down, to cut all the way around.

D

Deleted member 5496

Have you tried blue tacking it to the bench? It won’t hold it rigid, but will help support while you saw. You will have to remove the part, turn it, and stick it back down, to cut all the way around.

Brilliant Tim :thumb2:;). Used C/A on resin casting back plate glued to a bit of plastic out of the "may come in handy" box.

Piece all intact & took 10% of the time on the other one.

Laurie

1611345682006.png1611345734817.png