Brit-com Red Arrow 2079

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
View attachment 72109

Angel interceptor new livery
After the earth Mysterons war of 2068-2073 the Spectrum organisation was disbanded and it's equipment and bases were sold off

One part of this organisation (the airforce) was sold to various defences forces around the world and the interceptor squadron consisting of 24 aircraft was of great interest to most forces , six were sold to the American alliance treaties organisation , ten to the newly formed Brit-com ( British commonwealth ) who also bought the rights to the spectrum insignia for use as the emblem of team BC who reformed the red arrows display team , the rest of squadron was bought by various museums around the world

Here we show the red arrows

image.jpg

B

Bunkerbarge

If we could just pool the imagination available on here I'm sure we could make money out of it!! I'm not sure whether I'm more impressed with the model or the story. I'm sure we could write Gerry Anderson scripts!

Love the model though, I have an original in my stash and a new one to actually build one day. I remember buying this when it first came out as it was the first time I tried replacing a transfer, the large 'A' on the underside, with a paint job. Lots of careful masking and then a big hairy stick to plaster some paint over it all! Good days.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice job Alan, great little tale to go with it too.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers folks :smiling3: I got this kit over a year ago but wanted to do something different with it and not do it it it's standard white livery and sitting in the garden during the summer the red arrows flew over the house and it was as plane

This could be a great GB , any aircraft painted as a red arrow :smiling3: