British 155mm AS-90 Self-Propelled Howitzer

• Thread starter Deleted member 7237
  • Start date

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Pete
Nice to have you back. Hope you're feeling better.
Nice work. Lots of parts in the kit - most of them appear to be wheels!! Those holes in the track look a pain.
Jim

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Pete
Nice to have you back. Hope you're feeling better.
Nice work. Lots of parts in the kit - most of them appear to be wheels!! Those holes in the track look a pain.
Jim
Hi Jim I'm feeling a lot better thank you it's just nice to be home again, yeah you're right there's is a lot of wheels and one big gun not really much to this one just about my level I think.
As for the tracks they are pants luckily you don't see much of them because of the skirt on the tank hull.
Pete.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Pete

As other's have said welcome back! Looks like an interesting build. The gun looks very long in proportion to the hull and turret, can only imagine that makes it tricky to move around in relatively confined spaces!!

ATB

Andrew

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Good to see you back at it.
That is some great work you have done there. Loving the welds detailing. And that is one big gun.

D

Deleted member 7237

Pete

As other's have said welcome back! Looks like an interesting build. The gun looks very long in proportion to the hull and turret, can only imagine that makes it tricky to move around in relatively confined spaces!!

ATB

Andrew
Cheers Andrew there were two barrel options 155mm 52 Caliber which is shorter and the 155mm 39 Caliber which is the one I've built.
Pete

D

Deleted member 7237

Good to see you back at it.
That is some great work you have done there. Loving the welds detailing. And that is one big gun.
Cheers Ian good to be back, glad you like what I've done.
Would love to hear one of these things actually fire.
Pete.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Taking it easy you said !
Well good for you, nothing like getting stuck back in.
Like the way you get your handles to look so neat Pete. I always end up with bad bends and twists !

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well you have certainly come back fighting fit with this build Peter! A real stunner. Lovin the extras that you have added to it. Good luck with the hairy sticks. Great stuff

D

Deleted member 7237

Taking it easy you said !
Well good for you, nothing like getting stuck back in.
Like the way you get your handles to look so neat Pete. I always end up with bad bends and twists !
Well you have certainly come back fighting fit with this build Peter! A real stunner. Lovin the extras that you have added to it. Good luck with the hairy sticks. Great stuff
Thank you kindly gents very kind of you to say so, can I just point out I built this before I went into hospital I think some people think I've built it this week I know I want some strong drugs but they're not that good.
Pete.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great work pete , ive always liked the look of these beasties , very purposeful ! Looks like a very nicely detailed kit , boosted by your scratched additions , although as you say , the tracks could be better but theres not much of them seen so it will be fine . Top work mate , keep at it , cheers tony