British Airborne Officer - 300mm (1/6) Scale Resin Bust

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi

This is a 1/6th scale resin bust of a British airborne officer circa 1944 - picked up from a rummage bin at SMW Telford.

I'm not sure of the original manufacturer but the stall was adjacent to Mitches Military Models.

There was some damage - the original chin strap was meant to be dangling down but had snapped off and was missing so I rebuilt with green stuff in situ.

Painted with various acrylics.

The figure in the background is a 120mm one from Youngs done a while back.
IMGP2592 (Large).JPGIMGP2594 (Large).JPGIMGP2595 (Large).JPGIMGP2596 (Large).JPGIMGP2597 (Large).JPGIMGP2598 (Large).JPGIMGP2600 (Large).JPGIMGP2601 (Large).JPGIMGP2602 (Large).JPG
Mark

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Very nice Mark. The brush painted pattern on the Denison have come out exceptionally well :thumb2:

Gavalaar1980

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
This is excellent. Face looks very realistic and the painting on the jacket looks spot on. Very well done.

Gavin

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Excellent! Denison Smocks are notoriously difficult to portray because of perceptions on colour etc; I own two original examples (well my son does now); they are '44 and '58 vintage and both are completely different in depth of a colour and patterning. My issued Denison was a much lighter base colour with much more pronounced greens and browns ... Yours works really well though and looks very appropriate I think!
Steve

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Brilliant!! Simply brilliant!!

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Excellent! Denison Smocks are notoriously difficult to portray because of perceptions on colour etc; I own two original examples (well my son does now); they are '44 and '58 vintage and both are completely different in depth of a colour and patterning. My issued Denison was a much lighter base colour with much more pronounced greens and browns ... Yours works really well though and looks very appropriate I think!
Steve
Thanks Steve,

I know exactly what you mean about the colour variations. It's the same with DPM between 5he early 70's and the late 90's. From what I've read there were several manufacturers of the original fabric and the dye stock varied. I believe the very early fabric was actually hand painted and the later was printed. Obviously very few totally original jackets still exist with their factory fresh colours.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Probably RDG Miniatures, all part of a big family. RDG and MM usually have a couple of boxes of bits and bobs. He has come out very nice. The Denison smock patterns are brilliant.

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Probably RDG Miniatures, all part of a big family. RDG and MM usually have a couple of boxes of bits and bobs. He has come out very nice. The Denison smock patterns are brilliant.
Thanks - I think you're right about RDG