British Centurion Mk5

W

Weeman0000

This (as well as my chieftain mk3 which is still being touched up) was my very first tank EVER so yeah, its crap.

About the kit... Well it wasn't that bad to build tbh, the tracks were... well you can see the right track fell off halfway through taking pictures so it wasn't the most fun putting them together and then stupidly painting them for added aggravation. (Dreading the Type 5 Chi-Ri as its got individual tracks that i will need to cut and clean before building :S )

However overall it was a joy to build and watch come together and it has to be one of the sexiest british tanks of WW2.

Jason

View attachment 115903

View attachment 115904

View attachment 115907

View attachment 115909

View attachment 115911

View attachment 115912

View attachment 115914

SDC13722.JPG

SDC13723.JPG

SDC13725.JPG

SDC13726.JPG

SDC13728.JPG

SDC13729.JPG

SDC13751.JPG

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I think you should know the meaning of the word crap Jason lol

That's far from crap

W

Weeman0000

\ said:
I think you should know the meaning of the word crap Jason lol
That's far from crap
The tracks hanging off on the second picture :D to me its crap, it was done with only a base coat and steel for the scrapes. (like the first 5 of my models apart from the KV2)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
The tracks hanging off on the second picture :D to me its crap, it was done with only a base coat and steel for the scrapes. (like the first 5 of my models apart from the KV2)
Stick that on an uneven base and those tracks will look spot on , the only thing to do with that is discolour the scratches with a black wash just to dull them down a bit other than that it's great and it's not a big thing

W

Weeman0000

\ said:
Stick that on an uneven base and those tracks will look spot on , the only thing to do with that is discolour the scratches with a black wash just to dull them down a bit other than that it's great and it's not a big thing
Washes :D Yeah agreed, however at that time i never had any washes, just basically two paints and turps. I did make a base coat wash of my own and gave it two coats to dull it down. It was a lot worse :P

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Crap....nah, I like it. The chipping and weathering are IMO quite spot on. Yes the track looks wrong in the one pic, but as it is not a diorama and purposely made for that pose, so I can't automatically fault it....can I ?????o_O

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I'm just starting into tanks Jason and I've seen some really good builds on here ( far better than I could acheive ) you have this spot on and looks really good to me ( shame about track but as Alan says you could put in a desert scene and bury the offending track part and no one is the wiser

Robert