British Motorcycle TR.Model H

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Started assembly less than an hour ago - 30 minutes later - assembly now complete....
Could not resist it any longer, the detail is superb, the size is small, the fit excellent, 11 points to c/a, 9 if you want the steering to work. I said when I first saw the report by Dave in his 'Spots on the Internet' That my credit card would not resist, and the result was true.
The kit comes with a colour artwork on the box lid, all the parts are in their own little bag except for the stand and handlebars which are in the same bag but seperated by a staple. The instructions could not be any clearer with the part to be glued in blue. Oh! and no cleaning up.... All I need to add are the throttle and brake cables from lead wire.
Well done Copper State Models a 5 star model.
20230610_115240_HDR.jpg
Now awaiting primer and paint....
20230611_214000_HDR.jpg
The round bits in front are the 1mm rivets that are for the bridgelayer and are there because I did not want to move them and for size comparison.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks fantastic Mike. Detail is great. Very fine and very clean.
How brittle is the resin? Only ask because it looks like the rear brake linkage direct above the brake pedal has fractured.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Looks fantastic Mike. Detail is great. Very fine and very clean.
How brittle is the resin? Only ask because it looks like the rear brake linkage direct above the brake pedal has fractured.
No, that is to be joined together, before priming I am going to remove both parts and use a length of thin sprue as a replacement. The detail is very fine, fuel lines etc are really just a hairs width. As far as the strength of the resin I would treat it with respect due to the fine detail.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Mike,
lovely - but I'd be frightened to breathe around it, let alone touch it! Will you be going for the German 'Wanderer' motorbike as well?
Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wibble
There has to be some link between this and the bridge layer ?
Very nice anyway .
Wobble

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Mike,
lovely - but I'd be frightened to breathe around it, let alone touch it! Will you be going for the German 'Wanderer' motorbike as well?
Dave
Sorry Dave my lust has been quenched, I will leave others to build that one.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
A bit easier to construct than 'Tommys War' Motorbike then :smiling5: :smiling5:
Had two and never completed them, their figures are excellent, but that bike needs sorting. Have the Scale Link one in the stash, but again need some work.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Wibble
There has to be some link between this and the bridge layer ?
Very nice anyway .
Wobble
Wobble,
You know what it is like, you just keep fingering the box, stroking the lid, opening to check the contents, flattening out the instructions and re-folding them, and making sure the box is always in your eyesight so that you do not lose it..... I'm so sad.....
Wibble

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I would have said Green Moss, or in this case the colours given on the box...

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I would have said Green Moss, or in this case the colours given on the box...
I'm asking because there are no references, other than photos of the finished model, given in the Tommy's War instructions.
I'll just have decide from the colours I've already got(pretty sure I haven't got Green Moss).
thanks
wish me luck....

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I'm asking because there are no references, other than photos of the finished model, given in the Tommy's War instructions.
I'll just have decide from the colours I've already got(pretty sure I haven't got Green Moss).
thanks
wish me luck....
Neil, I agree, there seem to be no colour references. So I assumed that Green Moss (A.MIG-074) was the base colour for the Mk.IV tanks and would have applied to all the vehicles. ICM for their B Type bus quote the same colour number but call it Khaki.
Good luck with the colour hunt.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I seem to recall, but I don’t remember the source for this, that British First World War tanks were painted in a kind of drab green-brown colour (after the Mk. I, anyway, that was initially camouflaged in various patterns).