Bronco 1/35 Chaffee

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Bronco M24 Chaffee in French Indochina Wars.

Built out of the box - only issues were the drive sprockets as the instructions don't show the correct options for the early steel tracks so the links don't fit the teeth and I had to rebuild the sprockets!
A lot of detail omitted from inside the turret as the hatches are closed, Turret fit to hull not great so it ended up glued in situ.

I liked the unusual "tiger stripe" or "bamboo grove" locally applied camouflage.

IMGP1708 (Large).JPGIMGP1709 (Large).JPGIMGP1710 (Large).JPGIMGP1711 (Large).JPGIMGP1712 (Large).JPGIMGP1713 (Large).JPGIMGP1714 (Large).JPGIMGP1715 (Large).JPG

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Mark.
It sure is a camo pattern you do not see every day. (kinda the idea with camo, but you know what I mean!).

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mark
That has turned out very nice indeed. Well done.
Jim

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Nice one Mark.
It sure is a camo pattern you do not see every day. (kinda the idea with camo, but you know what I mean!).
I think it was intended more to confuse rather than conceal - a bit like the dazzle ships of WWI. The actual colours are total conjecture as the kit instructions just state "yellow" whereas contemporary B&W photos refer to "earth yellow" - I tried a couple of different tones against the green but decide the more intense yellow was needed to show enough colour - the paler version just looked white.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Is this one of the tanks that were airlifted, literally in pieces, to Điện Biên Phủ?

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
There was a Panther battalion late in WWII that had a similar "..in the trees.." camo. scheme.