Bronco 1/35 StuG III D North Africa

J

James Robert Noble

My special day has arrived and I got my lovely StuG unwrapped and unboxed this morning!
SWMBO has done me proud! Not only has Caroline gifted me Broncos Sturmgeschutz III Ausf.D "North Africa" but I also received a set of Model Air German WW2 Colours and some new brushes! :nerd::thumb2:

20191219_092727.jpg

J

James Robert Noble

Thanks Steve! Can't wait to get a start! Will be delving into everyones Posts to see how they have done theirs!
Some amazing builds so far in the GB!

J

James Robert Noble

I was thinking the same Simon! When I last looked inside my Tamiya Ausf B there seemed to be 4 or 5 Sprues.
Might not make the completion date with all this plastic... :anguished:

• Sad
Reactions: JR
J

James Robert Noble

Very lucky indeed Si! But what SWMBO doesn't realise is that She has just lost me to the StuG!
Christmas for us has just been cancelled! :tears-of-joy:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
James great Scott that's a kit and a half, will grab a seat at the front, mince pies please.

J

James Robert Noble

Glad to have you in on this one JR! Loving your build! Great work so far!
Mince Pies and then some Pigs in Blankets will be served! Please try and pass them around? :flushed: :tears-of-joy:
So about to kick off with the Suspension Arms and Road Wheels. Instructions in this Kit look really clear! :thumb2:

20191219_200604.jpg

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
James if the others aren't here in 5 WE CAN EAT THE LOT!

Liking the distruction holder , very apt.:smiling:

J

James Robert Noble

Yes mate! I love a mince pie or 10! They are shop bought Amigo so I can use Caroline's recipe book holder for now! :tears-of-joy:
Got all road wheels cleaned and dry-fitted so now moving on to the small internal area. Gun Breech and Gunners Seat.
So far so good. The Kit parts are lovely to work with and have some cracking detail. :thumb2:

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well they haven't realised there are free mince pies so that's it, let's eat them all now.
Regards to the good lady .

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
If thats mince from the butchers count me in :tongue-out3:

Hi James, sorry for the late reply, welcome to the bestest GB since Caesar's chariot one back in the day!
Cracking kit, got it in the stash along with Dragons version.

Count me in!

J

James Robert Noble

Hi Bob, no problem at all. Hope you are feeling much better today buddy?
You may need to wrestle with John for any buffet offerings! Good luck with thaaaat! :tears-of-joy:
I had been hankering for this Kit for a long time Bob so very happy to see and then be in your GB with it! So far so good! Nice fittings and I really like the details so far.

20191222_014749.jpg

J

James Robert Noble

Glad to have you following Graeme!
It is such a lovely wee Kit.
Why don't you crack it open and join the GB buddy?

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Hi James, I would build mine but I have a Tamiya Stug III Ausf G that I've had in the stash too long, so that's the one I'm doing, as soon as I get nearer to the end of the Panther for the Animal Antics GB!:rolling:

J

James Robert Noble

Thanks guys. Ready now to proceed with some PE parts. Steve was right about the Tropical Air Intakes. The PE looks fiddly difficult. :flushed:

20200101_141514.jpg20200101_141724.jpg